913519 - Facilities Management Officer
Our client invests millions of pounds of grant-in-aid funding each year to deliver the objectives of the Scottish Government's Economic Strategy.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Facilities Management Officer, based in Inverness with possible travel to other area offices.
- Assist in the day to day running of our clients Estate
- Undertake property inspections and reporting of identified defects
- Assist in the prioritisation and scheduling of all reactive works, producing specifications where required
- Obtain quotations and costings for all works in line with HIE policy
- Collate contractor Health & Safety documentation prior to work where required
- Ensure repairs and maintenance works orders and computerised records are maintained
- Arrange premises access as required, ensuring site contacts are informed and ensure notification of any planned disruption or action required
- Monitor contracts to ensure works are delivered within agreed timescales and to required standards.
- Liaise with contractors in planning and scheduling jobs
- Ensure all job and inspection reports are collated and documented
- Assist in set up and monitoring of planned preventative maintenance schedules, ensuring works are fully carried out by approved contractors
- Inspect works where required to ensure jobs are carried out to an acceptable standard
- Monitor FM helpdesk, dealing with reactive defects and issues within agreed timescales
- Set up and maintain a contractor registry to recognise approved and certified suppliers
Skills & Experience
- Good standard of formal education or equivalent work experience
- Moderate years' experience in a Facilities Management role or similar
- Experience of building services and plant maintenance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good organisational skills - able to manage a varied workload
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as own initiative
- Good IT competency/working knowledge of Microsoft Office systems
- Valid driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Qualification in an engineering discipline, e.g. electrical, mechanical
- Experience of managing PPM schedules
- Good knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Experience of managing contractors/workers
- Ability to project manage works
- Sound technical knowledge
- Good practical skills and the ability to undertake basic tasks as required
- Good report writing skills and the ability to present findings to a wider audience
This is a short term contract position for approximately 8 weeks.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 913519.