Job Title: Facilities Engineering Manager
We are looking for a Facilities Engineering Manager to oversee the design, planning, procurement, installation, and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities required for our submarine power cable plant in the Highlands. This is a new facility, therefore experience in managing similar projects in heavy industries preferred .
* Manage the design, planning, procurement, installation, and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities required for the submarine power cable plant
* Plan, budget, and schedule facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, machine and other related costs
* Ensure HSE requirements are met during all facility-related works
* Introduce and maintain ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and other related standards
* Oversee the coordination of building space allocation and layout
* Collaborate with SMEs in the Headquarters and external consultants to ensure that all facility-related works are carried out efficiently and effectively.
* Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Experience in managing similar projects in heavy industries
* Proficient in using Auto CAD
* This position will be based in Easter Ross once construction work starts
* Until then, the position will be remote with occasional business travel to Inverness
* Mass production is scheduled to begin in Y2027
* Training opportunities will be provided to network with key players in the mother plant to learn about manufacturing processes or vendors of machinery.
If you have the required experience and qualifications and are looking for an exciting new challenge, please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.