Facilities Engineering Manager
- Posted 09 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameKevin Kinzie
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Orion is seeking a full-time Facilities Engineering Manager to support long-term operations for an LNG facility located in South Texas. The position will require work from Houston during early job phases before transitioning to site prior to commissioning and startup.
* The incumbent will report to the Sr. Director of Engineering in the Operations Department, under the leadership of the Vice President of Operations.
* Peer level managers will include the Ready for Operations (RFO) Manager, Process Engineering Manager, Brownfield Projects Manager, Process Safety Manager, and Quality Manager.
* Direct reports will include Sr. Rotating Equipment Engineer, Sr. Electrical Engineer, Sr. Facilities Integrity Engineer, Sr. Process Controls Engineer, Sr. Reliability Engineer, Management of Change Coordinator, and an Equipment Warranty Engineer. Each of the Senior Engineers will direct teams related to their functional expertise. The overall Facilities Engineering Team will consist of 20 or more team members.
* Manage the rotating machinery, electrical, reliability, fixed equipment, and process control discipline teams as well as the Management of Change (MOC) and equipment warranty engineer to support both day-to-day plant operations and the long-term Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) effort.
* Ensure Key Process Indicators (KPIs) for equipment and systems are monitored to ensure reliable, safe, and efficient operation.
* Champion and ensure that the PHA/MOC/HAZOP and Safety Case procedures for the facility are followed.
* Manage the Management of Change (MOC) process for the facility.
* Ensure that the facility and equipment conform to industry regulatory compliance standards and recommended practices for safety, environmental, and facility design.
* Manage facilities engineering effort for improvements, plant debottlenecking, and expansion studies, including developing functional specifications and providing oversight for Scope of Work (SOW) documents, cost estimates, Approval for Expenditures (AFEs), evaluating consultants, HAZOPs, bid development, and support for brownfield project construction tender documents.
* Coordinate with Quality and Document Control teams to maintain facilities procedures and other documents ISO 9001 compliant.
* Manage the Condition Monitoring and Reliability and Risk Based Inspection (RBI) programs from a facilities engineering perspective
* Manage equipment warranties for facility equipment.
* Provide integral interaction and support for other intercompany teams, such as Operations, Maintenance, Quality, Process Safety Management (PSM), and Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE).
* Serve as Technical Authority (TA) for facilities engineering and asset integrity management level decisions.
* Establish and maintain equipment specifications, design, and reliability standards and procedures.
* Prepare, execute, and maintain facilities engineering related software licensing contracts and service agreements.
* Manage core facilities engineering and technical proficiencies for the team. Identify and oversee associated training and development.
* Deliver on facilities engineering related portions of the Operations Management System (OMS) obligations during the FEED and detailed engineering project phases.
* Manage budget for the facilities engineering teams.
Minimum experience requirements:
* Demonstrated experience with the Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (APCI) Propane Precooled Mixed Refrigerant Process (C3MR)
* Substantial experience with acid gas removal systems, molecular sieve dehydration, mercury removal beds, hydrocarbon fractionation, and refrigerant systems.
* Significant experience with LNG facility storage and loading systems.
* Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) and Management of Change (MOC) processes
* Experience with Hazard Identification studies (HAZIDs), Process Hazards Analyses (PHAs), and Hazard and Operability studies (HAZOPs)
* Knowledge and experience with LNG facility applicable industry standards, regulatory codes, and recommended practices
* Proven experience with managing interfaces and working closely with Project and Operations teams during FEED, detailed design, construction, commissioning, startup, and post startup operations
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
* 10+ years of senior engineering and/or management
* 15+ years in LNG plant design and/or operations
* 20+ years of experience within the oil and gas industry
* APCI liquefaction facility design and operations experience
* Knowledge of applicable industry codes, standards, and regulations
* Knowledge of basic regulatory, advanced regulatory, and advanced process controls
* Experience with Condition Monitoring & Risk Based Inspection (RBI) programs
* Substantial experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) and Management of Change (MOC) requirements
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.