- Posted 02 September 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
**CANDIDATES MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK / NORTH SEA EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL**
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Exploration Geoscientist, based in Aberdeen.
* Hands-on interpretation works on exploration projects at the regional, local and prospect scales.
* Integration of 2d and 3d seismic data with well and other regional geotechnical data sources including charge systems, reservoir and seal analysis etc.
* Assistance with geophysical data acquisition and processing projects.
* Use of a petroleum system-based approach to evaluate countries, regions, plays, and prospects describing risks and uncertainties.
* Develop robust technical arguments and clearly present to stakeholders including management, partner companies and government representatives.
* Prospect evaluation including risk analysis and reserves estimations (deterministic and probabilistic).
* Review areas and replications for licensing rounds.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level in geology/geophysics or similar discipline.
* Possesses solid oil and gas experience ideally gained in an operating environment
* A strong understanding of geological concepts, to include structural, facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis
* Competent in 2d/3d seismic interpretation techniques and software including Petrel
* Competent in basic map generation and depth conversion techniques.
* Knowledgeable of quantitative interpretation techniques
* Sound understanding of petrophysical data and methods
* Good understanding of key geophysical (including interpretation) uncertainties and quantification of these Competent in deterministic and probabilistic volumetric calculations
* Broad experience gained in a variety of depositional settings and basins; North Sea basins experience essential
* Knowledge of discovery appraisal and pre-project planning
* Peer Assist and Review experience
* Confident at working with internal and external stakeholders
* A strong team player with good communication skills
* Independent and able to work with minimum supervision
* Problem solver willing to consider new solutions and to lead discussion on
adoption of non-traditional solutions.
* Desire to learn, develop capabilities and take on greater responsibilities. Have a "Can do" attitude.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference:
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.