Executive Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Our Further Education client is seeking an experienced PA for a period of c7 months to cover a maternity absence. Based in their West End offices, the role is supporting a senior manager with e-mail and diary management, and general secretarial support. The role would be based ideally 5 days a week in the office on a full-time basis.
Candidates should have a background in supporting management with diary, preparing action lists following meetings and providing efficient and confidential secretarial support.
* Provide a full confidential administrative service to the Vice-Principal including pro-active and forward planning diary and e-mail management and drafting correspondence (as determined from time to time by the Vice Principal).
* Act as point contact for general enquiries to the Vice-Principal via phone, e-mail and mail,
* Communicate and build working relationships with key contacts across the University as well as external relevant bodies on behalf of the Vice-Principal to help manage and support delegated tasks.
* Provide administrative support for relevant meetings as required by the Vice-Principal, including circulating the notice of meetings, preparation of agendas, minutes taking and the production and dissemination of minutes.
* Actively support and manage the Vice-Principal with important tasks, deadlines or previous communications/commitments. Including the booking and co-ordination of travel and staff recruitment processes such as being a Talent link superuser, interview and induction schedules.
* Support the development and implementation of any effective internal procedures/ administrative systems to support the Vice-Principal in their role.
Assist the Vice Principal with the financial management. Contribute to preparation and monitoring of budgets, providing effective controls and monitoring expenditure. Responsible for coding and monitoring of income and expenditure, receiving and processing payments processing of all Vice Principal's office purchase requisitions/transactions, invoices and credit notes, absence request forms, travel and conference bookings, claim forms, catering - maintains log of details/costs
* Deal with confidential and sensitive information ensuring appropriate confidentiality is maintained at all times.
* Working in collaboration with Vice-Principal, gather, analyse and manipulate and interpret Information to support the preparation of reports and data sets for local strategy and decision making.
* Working with the Vice-Principal, undertakes special projects to advance the work of their portfolio, including some project management and coordination, this may involve the development of project plans, supporting with the creation of presentations, reports, sending updated communications to relevant stakeholders and budgeting forecasts, and assessing possible project risks and setbacks.
* Develop and manage a comprehensive and proactive records management system to support the Vice Principal and be responsible for ensuring that the information and records processed (received, created, used, stored, destroyed) are managed in compliance with all applicable legislation, codes and policies.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064479.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.