Our client who are are a world leader in the building and maintenance of storage tanks, heat exchangers and gasholders are looking for an experienced Estimator (TANKS). You will be responsible for generating construction schedules and detailed estimates in response to requests for quotations from their customers worldwide. This position will be based within North Lanarkshire, Scotland.
Responsibilites will include but not restricted to:
* Review and understand the technical specifications and commercial terms and conditions provided by clients
* Liaise with client to understand, influence and finalise their technical requirements
* Complete pre-qualification documentation and returns
* Based on the ITT information, create proposals and tender responses that meet functionality, quality, delivery and budget requirements
* Identify where a particular proposal is likely to require additional analysis, resources or site visits and work with the engineering team to coordinate this work.
* Adopt the principles of engineering best practice in all tenders and customer technical proposals
Essential Skills & Experience:
* The ability to understand and interpret technical data, including reading detailed design drawings
* Sound mechanical engineering knowledge and experience, ideally gained in storage tanks
* Working knowledge of the NAECI blue book
* Experience in generating proposals and tenders to a high standard
* Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Excellent understanding of one or more planning tools such as MS Project
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop their skills in a FTSE 250 Company with exciting career prospects. In return for your commitment and capability, you will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with a lively team where hard work is rewarded.