- Posted 21 July 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Estimator / Cost Engineer, based in Aberdeen
The Estimator / Cost Engineer role will work across Development and Decommissioning projects and will prepare all company estimates for Capital projects in Select, Define and Execute phases, using methods and processes set out in the estimating procedure to generate the appropriate class of estimate and deliverables. The estimator role will also be key to working on company required annual estimates for Asset Retirement Obligations (ARO) and Decommissioning Security Agreements (DSA). The role will also support Asset Valuation. The role will also be flexible to support Cost Management activities in a Cost Engineer Capacity. The position will report to the Cost Manager.
* Generate class 5 to class 3 estimates on deterministic basis utilising Company process & procedures for Brownfield & Greenfield opportunities,
* Understanding scope uncertainty and risk for the application of growth and contingency provisions
* Detailed review and acceptance of 3rd party estimates
* Gather performance data to support Company benchmarking database and future estimating norms
* Develop Cost estimate for annual Decommissioning ARO & DSA on each asset
* Close working relationship with Project Management and company functions
* Liaise with Key Contractors
* Maintaining consistency, accuracy, and transparency in the generation of all estimates.
* Produce input as required during the annual corporate budget cycle
* When Required - supporting Cost Engineering function with reporting performance against project budgets, commitments, expenditures, and forecasts for ongoing projects within the portfolio.
* Support Cost Manager
* Ability to prepare and develop project estimates from Class 5 to fully detailed Class 3 estimates for sanction, covering Ex Opex, Minor Capex, Major Capex & Abex projects.
* Ability to create a Basis of Estimate document, defining methods and estimating approach.
* Ability to use norms and benchmarking in Class 5 estimates
* Ability to use Risk management and uncertainty to create appropriate levels of Growth & Contingency
* Teamwork, ability to work with PM team and 3rd parties to maintain estimate plan
* Ability to work in Cost Management for project performance on monthly basis
* Ability to use SAP, Questor & Risk Management tools, @risk or pertmaster
Educational / Professional Background:
* Qualified Quantity Surveyor or bachelors or graduate degree.
* Several years' experience in Estimating and Cost Management with an operator or Tier I contractor
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference TR/056057.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.