The successful candidate will be required to have extensive experience in Project cost engineering, mainly in estimating. He will be required to provide overall estimating technical and professional expertise in the resolution of complex estimating problems and coordinate estimating activities as a leader when required. His main duties will include the following:
- Provide companywide consultancy to field departments' estimators on estimating matters and benchmarks project estimates against historical data and internal/external indices
- Provide estimating and cost engineering support required in the planning and execution of major capital projects in hydrocarbon facilities.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates for various types of projects, at all scales
- Review cost estimates for post funding (Change Orders, Project Change Request. etc) and provide recommendations which should also ensure incorporating lessons learned in new projects.
- Develop Material Take-off (MTO) and/or verify MTOs and material, equipment and bulk quantities against P&IDs and drawings.
- Prepare multi-discipline conceptual, detailed and definitive cost estimates for Capital Projects and will review estimates to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with the scope of work.
- Apply the clients cost estimating methods/procedures
- Interface with multiple field organizations to review and discuss project scope and estimate basis
- Provide technical support in the review of design packages and drawings, and assist project management and contracting personnel with bid analysis and contract negotiations as necessary.
- Keep abreast of changing developments in estimating advances by reviewing technical literature, contact with contractors, visits to construction locations and attending professional and technical meetings.
- Must be experienced in the use of estimating tools and the application of market conditions, risk management to estimates.
- Responsible for the preparation, review, monitoring, analysis, and reporting of all projects' associated capital expenditure spending
- Review and analyze claims and change orders on project contracts and assist in preparation of cost portion of engineering procurement and construction contracts.
- Prepare progress reports and other various reports required by internal and external stakeholders.
- Screen and review engineering and construction contractors' planning capabilities during bidding and interview and approve their key planning and scheduling staff.
- Provide support to project leaders, engineering and construction teams in estimating associated costs.
- Serve as a resource for best cost engineering and estimating practices/quality on functional teams or projects.
- Provide optimized services to field estimators and streamline Estimating Process.
Prepare estimates for all Capital Projects from preliminary study and budget estimates through the endorsement of Expenditure Requests and Company Estimates.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- BS degree in Engineering; Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical
- 11-15 years of estimating experience in mega projects including a minimum of ten (10) years in design, construction or operation of oil and gas, refining or petrochemical facilities.
- While working for or in an operating facility for at least five years especially on revamp/debottlenecks or shutdown/turnaround is plus.
- Field experience and general knowledge of engineering and construction requirements is required.
- Working knowledge/experience with computer-estimating programs, such as Aspentech ACCE, Timberline etc. and must be familiar with estimate databases such as Means, Richardson and others.
- Must be familiar with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), e.g. SAP
- Able to be a lead planner for $100MM and below projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), AACE-CCP or AACE-CEP certification is preferred.
Must be willing to travel kingdom-wide and commute to job locations in areas other than residence due to business function domain.