- Posted 01 July 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAnna Fryer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Environmental Advisor/ Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* Delivery full suite of environmental expertise, support, guidance and coaching to the onshore gas plants regarding all aspects of environmental management and regulatory compliance. Ensuring priority is given to license to operate issues.
* Works closely with the Facility HSE Leads at both St Fergus and FNGL to contribute to environmental regulatory inspections/mandatory investigation preparation and co-ordination, and interface with SEPA teams.
* Supports facility team regarding risk assessment activities for all environmental aspects. This will include working closely with Facility HSE Leads and TSE Team
* Links to CO2 JG 4 role for CO2 management and the JG3 Senior Environmental Specialist regarding UK emission Trading for SOV asset, including planning of verification activities
* Works closely with extended team in Technical Asset Operations regarding environmental performance data, regulatory submissions and trends
* Keeps understanding and visibility of ETSWAP commitments for Onshore Plants
* Ensure look ahead regarding submission timelines for Permits is maintained and forecasting where external support is required.
* Complete and submits small amendments to Permits via SEPA process, taking an end-to-end overview of permit/consents status and accuracy.
* Communicate to facility teams permit conditions, completing awareness session and frontline team engagement when required.
* Support ISO14001 certification audits, working closely with the RGS TEAM
* Act as a focal point for some environmental procedures and legislation in WESTONs, ensuring periodic update when required, taking a minimal maintenance approach.
* Supports delivery of audit plan as required, including completion of Environmental LOD1 and LOD2 activities.
* Supports delivery of incident investigations, ensuring compliance with the UK Incident and Accident Investigation Procedure.
* Where required, support causal investigations and application of causal reasoning in a practical manner, being mindful of timely completion.
* Coach compliance with regarding to reporting of events to SEPA, ensuring reviews against SEPA expected standards and PMR requirements. Review and advise on risk regarding events and non-compliances reported to SEPA
* Proactively promotes learning between facilities regarding incidents and regulatory feedback.
* Provide guidance and support for implementation of environmental elements of the HSSE Control Framework requirements.
* Interfaces with TAO regarding all Environmental performance information, utilising digital tools and dashboards wherever possible.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Meets the company's JG4 Environmental competence profile (Lead Practitioner) - Essential
* Experience of supporting operating facilities in a mature regulatory regime (Preferred)
* Experience working under the UK onshore terminals environmental legislative framework (Preferred)
* Auditing experience (Preferred)
* Investigation experience (Preferred)
* Degree qualified with a Postgraduate and/or Professional qualification with environmental link or with considerable line experience and qualifications
* Deep knowledge of Environmental Management in Oil & Gas Operations, particularly onshore petrochemical plants in COMAH /PPC regime.
* Good awareness of all HSSE functions and requirements.
* Organized and able to multi-task.
* Self-disciplined and self-motivated.
* Strong interpersonal skills and can work well with people at all levels, including communication with external regulators.
* Proven ability to influence with gravitas, adding value without direct line relationships
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with both individuals and groups.
* Ability to manage numerous deliverables at one time, being comfortable with changing priorities and engagement with multiple stakeholders.
* Flexible and able to show agility within the HSE team, supporting deliverables with an enterprise first mentality.
* Open minded regarding HSE multiskilling to support facility priorities.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055045.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.