- Posted 05 July 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAnna Fryer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Environmental Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Monitors compliance with permit conditions e.g. OPPC, ETS/PPC, chemical permits, radiation authorisations etc.
* Manages elements of the NMS (Company Management System).
* Contributes to 15014001 certification and compliance activities.
* Contributes to the preparation and delivery of the HSE department plans.
* Maintains effective relationships with Regulators and Government Agencies e.g. OPRED, OSDR, Marine Scotland, SEPA, JNCC.
* Assists with project work, including the management of the EIA/ES activities.
* Participates in offshore platform visits as required.
* Maintains an overview of UK environmental performance, including emissions, discharges, and incidents and provides data to Asset and Operations teams as required.
* Contributes to relevant environmental risk assessments, responses and controls including the identification of Major Environmental incidents (MEls).
* Reviews and provides input into annual environmental KPl's.
* Undertakes permit applications and variations and maintains environmental content of authorisations, permits & consents register.
* Conducts environmental incident investigations, where appropriate .
Experience & Qualifications:
* Upstream experience essential
* Previous experience of offshore asset PLANC management and projects essential
* Experience in environmental permitting for projects essential
* IS0 14001 and environmental management systems and internal auditing desirable
* Previous experience of operational environmental permitting is desired
* Science/ engineering degree
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/052132.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.