Engineering Project Manager
Location - Perthshire
Salary to £60,000 + annual bonus + pension + benefits
2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Our client, a successful and innovative Engineering Manufacturing Business' is seeking an experienced Project Manager. This is a fantastic career opportunity working with a world-leading, pioneering industrial heating technology business to lead and oversee new projects at their site in Perth and other international locations.
* Hold a Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or Industrial Management OR qualified by experience in managing complex projects.
* Have proven track record within project management execution, preferably in the manufacturing industry.
* Self-motivated and able to motivate cross-functional teams to meet tight deadlines.
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Confident planning and budget management skills
* Strong analytical and pro-active approach to problem solving.
* Able to commit to global business travel as required (25-50%)
* Advanced Degree - and/or Project management professional (PMP) certification
* Experience with Lean/Six Sigma improvement methodologies
* Knowledge of ERP Systems and their integration into manufacturing operations
* Knowledge of environmental sustainability practices and initiatives in manufacturing operations
About the role:
* Provide world class support to the business by being responsible for leading and managing all aspects of manufacturing projects within the organisation.
* Overseas travel will be required for this position.
* Develop & execute project plans, including scope definition, resource allocation, timelines, & budgets for manufacturing projects.
* Collaborate with stakeholders to identify project goals, objectives, and success criteria.
* Coordinate & lead cross-functional teams to ensure effective project execution & timely completion of milestones.
* Identify & mitigate potential risks & issues that may impact project timelines, deliverables, or budgets.
* Monitor project progress, track key performance indicators, & prepare regular status reports for management.
* Manage project budgets, including cost estimation, tracking, and variance analysis.
* Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, safety guidelines, & quality standards throughout the project lifecycle.
* Facilitate effective communication & collaboration between internal teams, external vendors, contractors, and stakeholders.
* Implement and refine project management methodologies, tools, and best practices to drive continuous improvement.
* Foster a culture of teamwork, accountability, and innovation within the project team.
Our client continually review and improve their compensation and benefits package to attract the best people to their business. Benefits include pension scheme, competitive life assurance & disability cover, guaranteed annual bonus, access to a discount's platform, Employee Assistance Programme; and a hybrid working pattern.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.