- Posted 27 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameJenny Chalmers
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Engineering Manager, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide input to cost estimates and execution plans for each of the projects.
* Responsible for TQ, Management of Change, development of basis of design and statement of requirements for facility modifications / projects.
* Responsible for the execution of engineering deliverables including the engineering execution plan, schedule, budget, document controls and personnel staffing.
* Identifies problems and coordinates with the engineering team to correct.
* Reviews work with Asset, management and project leads. Will lead and ensure the Scope of Work is fully defined and agreed with the Asset. Any areas of concern / uncertainty will be identified and recorded.
* Administrative and technical management of the Project Engineering team on a project.
* Ensures work is being coordinated between the other departments, offices, fabrication and construction to meet project requirements. External Contractors working on the projects (in relation to Engineering) will be the responsibility of the Engineering Manager to ensure that the contractors engineering and design are delivering in line with Company / Country standards.
* Understands contractual requirements and communicates these to the Engineering Team.
* Proactively ensures effective management of change.
* Ensures all engineering reporting is completed to required standards, and on time.
* Ensures that engineering and subcontractor queries are acted upon quickly and facilitated to minimise impact on project objectives.
* Assist's Project Manager in maintaining good dialogue with external stakeholders and internal management.
* Demonstrates HSE Leadership and contribute to GTG Safety performance and Culture
* Takes responsibility for health and safety within the organisation, for themselves and for others.
* Complies with health and safety regulations, instructions and rules.
* Is a role model and supports compliance with the GTG Life Saving Rules. Knows, understands and implements the Life Saving Rules that are in place at GTG.
* Conducts Management Safety Walks as required.
* Is able to identify hazards and stop work if required.
* Supports that all accidents, incidents, near misses and safety observations are correctly reported, investigated and corrective actions identified, participating in investigations as required.
* Implements the consequence management procedure for direct reports if appropriate.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Significant industry experience with at least 5 of those in a supervisory/management role.
* Demonstrable experience in E & P operational environment, with previous North Africa or ME experience a requirement.
* Demonstrable experience in engineering studies at conceptual and FEED stages for onshore plants, as well as having performed end to end design activities in support of major project execution.
* Awareness of Algerian legislation and best practice (e.g., verification, design codes).
* Demonstrable cross-discipline expertise (both within the engineering disciplines but also having integrated with subsurface and drilling teams).
* Ability to manage contracts (>$1 million) working within projects of several hundred millions of dollars.
* Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation both in written and in a verbal mode of presentation.
* In-depth technical knowledge of reading drawings and interpreting details
* Strong proven experience of contract negotiations and management.
* Good interpersonal and analytical skills, strong initiative, and drive.
* Committed and flexible on work location in support of overall project goals.
* Strong leadership and team building capabilities.
* Comfortable in a highly entrepreneurial and continuously changing corporate culture.
* Must be able to work independently or with limited supervision.
* Fluency in English and French is required, and Arabic is preferred
* Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn't over complicate. Able to engage contractor key players to achieve delivery and foster project efficient organization.
* Takes ownership and accountability, embraces ambiguity, makes tough, well-timed and informed decisions
* Works effectively in JV, shares knowledge freely and embraces different opinions; demonstrates team mindset
* Is entrepreneurial, pushes boundaries and leads with conviction, is a catalyst for and supporter of change
* Ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations
* Creativity and sense of initiative
* Rigorous reasoning, strong numerical skills
* Strong problem-solving capability
* Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships with stakeholders
* Strong motivation, tenacity and working capacity to carry out long term objectives
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063045.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.