- Posted 30 August 2022
- Salary Company car
- Contact NameAdrian Davidson
Role Title Energy Storage Technology Manager
Line Manager Head of Technology & Innovation
Location Reading / Flexible
Anesco is a market leader in renewable energy, managing the development, design, construction, maintenance, and market optimisation of large-scale projects across the UK, and more recently in Europe.
To date the company has constructed over 100 grid scale solar farms and 30 energy storage facilities, while its O&M service is monitoring more than 24,000 sites. The technologies we have deployed and manage are generating over 1GW of renewable energy and we have a further 4GW portfolio of projects in development.
With a global focus on climate change there has been no better or exciting time to join Anesco as we expand our footprint in Europe and accelerate the transition to net zero.
Our company Values
We are proud to be market leaders in our chosen areas of expertise, we embrace innovation and are focussed, striving to be the best we can be. At Anesco we are one team, building trust and enduring relationships with our colleagues, customers, and suppliers. We champion renewable energy and are committed to causing no harm to people or the environment.
The Energy Storage Technology Manager will play a critical role in ensuring Anesco's future success in UK and European battery energy storage system (BESS) markets. The successful candidate will be responsible for the assessment and selection of different technology supply options and ensuring successful implementation across the development, build, operation and optimisation stages of the value chain, working closely with specialist teams in each division.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- The go-to person for energy storage system specification and optimisation, the role holder will support teams across Anesco to ensure the business identifies the best in market, and optimises value of energy storage assets under build and operation.
- Technology evaluation and selection - support the development and EPC teams in evaluating and specifying BESS systems from a technical and commercial standpoint.
- Design - support the engineering team in optimising overall plant configuration to reduce project cost and increase performance.
- Contracts - Negotiate technical specifications and warranties with suppliers and clients.
- Route to market - Understand grid operator requirements and ensure BESS design and control systems are able to meet requirements.
- Operation & Maintenance - provide technical support to the O&M team to resolve operational issues. Understand equipment warranties and enforce where necessary with equipment suppliers.
Skills & Competencies
- Deep expertise in energy storage
- Practical experience in as many of the following stages of the energy storage value chain: development, build, commissioning, operation and revenue optimisation
- Knowledge of the supply chain - different suppliers in the market and ability to assess relative merits
- Commercial experience in negotiating and managing technical aspects of contracts (e.g. technical schedules, Employer's Requirements)
- Entrepreneurial - self driven and comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Resilient - Used to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- A natural collaborator, keen to add value to the wider business and build strong client relationships
- A positive and pro-active problem solver
- A true team player - fosters teamwork and collaboration.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent calibre
- Career path may have been engineering, operations, asset management, commercial or procurement (or other), but will have been focussed on BESS systems in recent years.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.