We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Emergency Response Specialist on a contract basis to work in a world class plant based facility just out side of the Edmonton area.
As part of the team, the Emergency Response Specialists (ERS) are responsible for duties pertaining to Fire, Rescue, Emergency, and Environmental hazards according to policies, standards, codes of practice, work practices, and assurance. The ERS responds to all emergencies, assess and apply the appropriate fire, rescue, and medical protocols including medical treatment techniques at the site.
Accountabilities for the Incumbent will include and are not limited to the following:
- Respond to site emergencies including but not limited to fires, technical rescue, hazmat and medical.
- Responsible for the safe operation within their shift team by complying with all Emergency Response Work Practices (Safe Operating Guidelines SOG's and Department Protocols).
- Provides a leadership role for programs/processes to support Health, Safety, Fire Prevention and environmental due diligence while adhering to applicable legislation.
- Inspect and maintain Emergency Services and Fire Protection equipment. This includes testing of equipment, and apparatus as required by NFPA for Shell requirements.
- Provide service and support to maintain SCBA and SABA equipment.
- Assurance activities such as Fire Extinguisher inspection, Emergency Assembly Area audits, and monthly inspection of Automated External Defibrillators (AED).
- Manage fire protection impairments, fire water usage, road closures
- Conduct classroom and field training/drills for all emergency services scenarios.
- Deliver ERT initial and annual refresher training providing guidance and expertise to the axillary brigade.
- Assess risk related to Fire Protection impairments and develop contingency plans to mitigate.
- Development of rescue plans as required for high risk work.
- Maintain skill set current with applicable governmental regulations, which involves Emergency Response.
- Remain current with industry skills, education and practices involving Fire, Rescue and Medical Response.
- Must be able to successfully complete initial and ongoing annual fitness evaluation
Experience and Qualifications required to be considered:
- Must be certified as NFPA 1001 level 2 from an IFSAC or Pro board accredited facility.
- Must be certified and registered through Alberta College of Paramedics to work in Alberta as a primary care paramedic, or advanced care Paramedic.
- Class 3-4 drivers' license or higher, with Q endorsement
Skills Required or also preferred Include:
- Strong knowledge of Fire Protection, Fire, Rescue, Medical and Hazmat response.
- Emergency response experience in a Refinery, Upgrader or Chemical plant is considered an asset and highly regarded.
- Knowledge and experience in hydrocarbon facilities would be considered an asset.
- Dedication to safe work and environmental responsibility.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Leadership ability.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible work environment.
- Ability to excel in a high workload and high demand environment.
Assets would also include:
- Certified as 1041 Fire Services Instructor Level 1.
- Certified as NFPA 472 HazMat technician.
- Certified NFPA 1002 pumper operator.
- Certified as NFPA 1006 high angle and confined space technician.
- Discipline related degrees, diplomas and certificates would be taken into consideration.
- Certified in Fire Extinguisher maintenance.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.