Electrical - Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- Posted 27 February 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineRenewable Energy
- Contact NameNikki Howieson
* Assure safe, environmentally compliant, cost effective and timely execution of project commissioning and electrical operations.
* Insure and maintain a safe working environment covering all project work. HSE incidents reporting.
* Site electrical documentation management.
* Coordinate with utility and contractor to assure code compliant electrical installation, energization and commissioning practices are
* implemented and followed.
* Responsible to maintain continuous accountability of project electrical historic data to include but not limited to; project electrical
* work(s) completed, measured performance data/reports, installed asset components, etc.
* Assist with project planning - writing work scopes, getting quotes, scheduling work.
* Assist with troubleshooting and evaluation of equipment for assigned project(s).
* Analyze site performance, identify problems, work with support teams to create and implement plans as needed to meet 's key
* performance indicators.
* Collaborate with the Technical Support group on the evaluation of equipment failures analysis and for methods of procedures to prevent
* Act as an electrical consultant to contractor and Team in the areas of transmission lines, inter-connect systems, switchgear
* installations, electrical circuits, power quality and high voltage collection/distribution systems.
* Attend and contribute to weekly and monthly meetings with Electrical Engineers, Electrical contractors, and Utility interconnection personnel.
* Ensure all facilities are maintained within all regulatory guidelines NERC, ISO, OSHA and EGP standards. ( state , federal, avian, environmental requirements).
* Responsible for site inventory - accounting for all spare parts stored, consumed, refurbished, salvaged, etc. at the project location and
* ensuring proper stock levels are maintained at all times.
* Interface with Operations Support for any issue relevant to plant performance analysis to include the development, implementation and results measurement of any action plans.
* Interface with Control Room Manager on Plant Operations and Maintenance
* Train and mentor junior members. Encourage training and development through performance management with a focus on retention.
* Create and maintain 24/7 emergency response schedule for site outages.
* Manage and direct contractors to assure business goals are achieved.
* Provide technical input related to contract drawings and documents.
* Contribute to daily and weekly contractor/owner meetings.
* Assure contractors meet all electrical deliverable requirements set-forth in applicable contracts and agreements.
* Assist the Construction Manger to validate all contractor schedules, applications for payments and contractor change requests.
* Directly responsible for ensuring electrical contractors performing work on site comply with all environmental and land use permit
* Maintain electrical project schedules and keep the Construction Manager informed of any potential changes to the electrical schedule.
* Assist the Construction Manager to establish and maintain effective work relationships within the community and stakeholders.
* Performs additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience. (Typically, six years of related progressive work experience is needed
* for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor's degree.)
* Six years of related electrical management or energy industry electrical experience including three years supervisory management
* Knowledge in new renewable/alternative energy power projects preferred.
* Proficient in the areas of transmission lines, inter-connect systems, switchgear installations, electrical circuits, power quality and high
* voltage collection/distribution systems.
* Working knowledge of latest NEC, NESC, IEEE, NEMA and OSHA codes and standards and industry safety requirements and methods.
* Microsoft Office Skills at an intermediate level.
* Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
* Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* The ability to work effectively with people of different backgrounds.
* Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possession of a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
* Ability to travel with limited advance notice and to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays and nights.
* Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
* Candidate must live or be willing to relocate to within one hour of the assigned power plant.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.