- Posted 01 June 2022
- Contact NameFaraz Sattar
We have a current opportunity for a Electrical Lead on a contract basis. The position will be based in Doha. For further information about this position please apply.
*Responsible for overseeing Electrical Engineering activities in NFE Onshore LNG Project, ensuring all technical requirements such as project specifications, data sheets, etc. are in full compliance with project requirements, standardized processes, and are delivered to the highest technical quality standards. Provide clear guidance to the EPC contractor and facilitate resolution of technical issues to complete electrical engineering activities to meet project objectives and milestones.
* This position is responsible to ensure all technical activities associated with the electrical engineering discipline by the EPC contractor, and all third parties such as vendors, consultants, sub-contractors etc. are executed to NFE Project's specifications and QG requirements.
* This will involve technical evaluations, including risk-based evaluation of complex engineering issues, resolution of electrical related matters with significant project execution and/or commercial impact to ensure optimum outcomes that are meet technical and execution expectations.
* Large scale and high voltage electrical power supply and demand requirements challenges
* Large Transformers motor drives
* Required to contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks whilst providing expertise in specialized/discipline area.
* As defined for this job level in the Delegation of Authority and/or approved budget.
* Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Qatargas Safety, Health and Environment, and Quality policies, regulations and standards.
* Contribute to the development of Qatari employees. This accountability is a condition of employment for expatriate employees.
* Ensure all activities undertaken comply with anti - trust and competition laws and Company's firewall policies and procedures.
Reports to Electrical Head Shared Resource
1. Leads electrical engineering design and planning activities and ensures EPC contractor develops detailed design in accordance with local regulatory requirements, industry standards, project specifications and any approved variations.
2. Resolve electrical discipline issues to ensure engineering design addresses NFE Project's expectations and objectives. Communicate and elevate issues before they escalate to Project Management when necessary.
3. Review technical aspects of electrical system purchase orders with EPC Contractor and vendors in accordance with the roles and responsibilities stated in applicable contract(s) to ensure safe and seamless integration of electrical systems to the existing operating facilities.
4. Assess discipline plans and work schedules to ensure effective completion of project activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
5. Develop, update and amend design / project philosophies, specifications and procedures ensuring that all references to Electrical Engineering are current and relevant.
6. Monitor and provide guidance to EPC Contractor to ensure key discipline deliverables, progress/milestones are met. Recommend additional technical support where necessary to address gaps.
7. Coordinate and analyse discipline issues for resolution. Provide Electrical Engineering input to other engineering disciplines, construction, procurement etc as necessary. Support commissioning and system completing activities and make appropriate recommendations to management on electrical matters.
8. Plan and schedule Electrical Engineering deliverables to enable efficient execution in meeting project milestones/schedule
9. Leads brownfield interface coordination with QG OPCO to develop detailed design and execution plans to tie-in to existing systems.
10. Contribute to Safety analysis studies and provide the required input to support project management in key decisions making. Participate in sharing lessons learned, together with capturing current lessons learned to benefit future projects.
*Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
* 15 years' experience of Electrical Engineering, preferably in a major LNG Projects. Broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria
* Onshore LNG facilities design, commissioning and operations would be advantageous.
* Requires demonstrated broad Electrical equipment and systems experience (HV/MV/LV electrical systems design, transformers, switchgears, Generators, Power Management Systems (PMS), Electrical Integrated Controls System (ELICS) and large Motors (10MW+) and large Variable Frequency Drives, Electrical Process Heaters, Electrical Heat Trace, AC and DC UPS, Cathodic Protection, Emergency Generation and Distribution System, Lighting and Small Power distribution and familiarity with relevant manufacturing processes and relevant industry codes
* Experience with large Variable Frequency Drives would be desirable
* High voltage and large-scale onshore power design requirements.
* Brownfield engineering and execution knowledge an advantage
* Mega LNG Train Engineering, experience is desired
* Excellent written and oral English skills.
* Strong technical and discipline management skills.
* Good organizational, planning and coordination skills.
* Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, etc.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.