- Posted 26 September 2022
- Salary £85000 - £96000 per annum + medical insurance,pension,33 days holiday
- Contact NameMichael DaCosta
Electrical Engineering Lead - Offshore Wind UK
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineering Lead with our client a major international energy company. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a leading role in a major new offshore wind project in the UK.
UK CANDIDATES ONLY
The Electrical Lead will be responsible for the design, supply, installation, and commissioning of electrical systems (covering electrical system design, onshore substation, offshore substation, and associated inter-array and export cables). The Electrical Lead is integrated into the Project team and has the responsibility of leading the electrical
package throughout the development phase, with the target to reach positive FID.
Within the project team structure, the electrical lead will report to the Technical manager and work closely with the Grid manager who is responsible for dealing with the electrical network operator.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop a package strategy, with the objective to develop a reliable technical solution, optimising LCOE, and respecting Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements,
- Manage the pre-FEED and FEED design of the electrical system guide the work of 3rd party consultants,
- Overall responsibility in the coordination of the day to day activities of the package,
- Management of the package schedule, progress, and expenditure against budget, including reporting on progress status and highlighting any issues,
- Define and implement activities relating to certification of the electrical package and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements,
- Estimate CAPEX and OPEX to feed into the business model,
- Ensure that the package's risk profile is understood and appropriately managed,
- Develop and implement the procurement strategy for the package,
- Establish contacts with the supply chain, evaluate their capacity, and ensure that fabrication and logistic optimization and constraints are taken into account in the design process; carry out RFI processes where applicable,
- Draft and manage the drafting of the ITT package,
- Assess contractor proposals, coordinating and assisting in negotiating contracts,
- Procure and manage the detailed design, ensure that the design optimizes LCOE, takes fabrication and installation constraints into account and meets all requirements in terms of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality,
- Coordinate and interface with all members of the JV as necessary in support of the organizations objectives,
- Liaise with experts within the wider group
- Ensure interfaces with other packages, contractors and stakeholders are identified and appropriately managed,
- Ensure consent requirements are met,
- Ensure requirements in terms of Quality and HSE are met,
- Internal reporting as required.
- This role would suit a degree qualified engineer with a minimum of 10 years working experience, the candidate will have working experience in and knowledge of offshore wind developments (preferably both for offshore and onshore electrical aspects) and their market. The candidate should have experience in contract and subcontractor management.
- Knowledge of the offshore wind industry is essential.
- The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they have the following capabilities:
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage own workload, meet timescales and coordinate a number of external and internal stakeholders,
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to enable effective discussion and transfer of information between, contractors, team members and other stakeholders,
- Experience of managing engineering teams and engineering consultants,
- Technical evaluation of tenders,
- Contribution to bidder's preselection, clarification till contract award,
- Carry out design & risk reviews
- Evaluation of Tenders and contractors from a technical point of view,
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken),
- The technical skills to understand complex offshore operations and the ability to exchange with and understand subject experts,
- Ability to work as a member of a large, multidisciplinary and international team,
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.
UK CANDIDATES ONLY
If you feel you have the skills and experience to perform well in this role we want to hear from you. Please follow the link to apply and upload a copy of your latest CV for immediate consideration.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.