- Posted 06 July 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameFinlay Asher
We have a current opportunity for a Electrical Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Reading. For further information about this position please apply.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of Electrical power systems, specifications, and designs, in accordance with relevant ISO/ IEC/BS standards, including IET CoP, BS7671 18th Edition etc.
- Knowledge in design of High Voltage (HV) and Medium Voltage systems (MV).
- Design the electrical protection schemes and assist with engineering CAD drawings as required.
- Knowledge in MV/LV electrical equipment design, specification, selection, and design (including UPS, cables, metering, CTs, switchgear, transformers, inverters, inverter string configuration etc).
Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum three years of professional PV, BESS, Wind system design experience at commercial/ utility-scale.
- Proficient in electrical systems design, including electrical power distribution systems and renewable connections.
- Familiarity with Amtech or similar power system electrical design packages to assist with cable sizing and/or protection settings, schemes and optimisation.
- Experienced user of the following software, AutoCAD, MSOffice (particularly Excel for data analytics), Outlook, SharePoint.
- Knowledge in SCADA and communications Systems.
- Understanding of P28, G99 and similar ENA recommendations and design/implementation of solutions to meet these requirements.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.