- Posted 26 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameFinlay Asher
Design Engineer - Anesco
Anesco is a market leader in renewable energy, managing the development, design, construction, maintenance, and market optimisation of large-scale projects across the UK, and more recently in Europe.
To date the company has constructed over 100 grid scale solar farms and 30 energy storage facilities, while its O&M service is monitoring more than 24,000 sites. The technologies we have deployed and manage are generating over 1GW of renewable energy and we have a further 2.5GW portfolio of projects in development.
With a global focus on climate change there has been no better or exciting time to join Anesco as we look to expand our footprint in Europe and accelerate the transition to net zero.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Lead Engineer with design processes primarily for solar PV and battery energy storage projects, both small and large scale in accordance with relevant standards
- Develop, prepare and review the Design Risk Assessment and Method statements
- Adhere to CDM and/or Anesco's safety requirements
- Use of electrical CAD software and AutoCAD to produce schematics and other electrical design documentation including cabling, cable calculation reports, protective device setting, electrical schematics, string configuration & layout drawings.
- Maintaining and updating engineering drawings and documentation on projects.
- Review and amend the final site plans with the senior design staff to ensure compliance with other design considerations such as planning and employment requirements.
- Work closely with the senior design engineers, senior managers, and project managers in development and construction team.
Skills and Competencies:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an engineeing discipline.
- Familiarity with Amtech or similar electrical design packages to assist with cable sizing and/or protection, discrimination, and optimisation.
- Experienced user of the following software: AutoCAD, Sketchup, PVsyst, PVcase
- MSOffice (particularly Excel for data analytics), Outlook, SharePoint
- Experience in site surveys, construction inspection, and As-Built documents, O&M manuals and O&M handover documents.
- Good data analysis and interpretation skills
- 3+ years' experience working on solar projects from feasibility, through construction and into operation.
- Experience and knowledge of design and development of BESS and solar PV projects.
- BESS - supplier proposal reviews: inverter and cell technology and sizing.
- Understanding of P28, G59/G99 and similar ENA recommendations and design/implement solutions to meet these requirements.
- Demonstrable knowledge of inverter specification, array sizing, yield optimization, module selection, and component assessments.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.