- Posted 24 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameAdrian Davidson
We have a current opportunity for a Electrical Engineer Cables on a contract basis.
Our client is a Global Energy Company working on the New York Bight project. If you are eligible to work in the US and are looking for a new career with a major player, committed to delivering a low carbon future, send your CV or requests for further information.
The Electrical Engineer Cables will support the development of offshore wind projects, focusing on performing and reviewing electrical designs on cable systems for offshore wind projects.
75%- Engineering work:
- Provide technical support for the electrical design of offshore wind, including the inter-array cabling, export cabling and onshore cable landing during pre-FEED and FEED.
- Provide design guidance and technical verification of the electrical package(s) design, including definition of employer's requirements and technical specifications, guidance inputs for the design, fabrication, transportation, and installation phases.
- Ensure that the electrical work meets employer requirements and industry standards.
- Assist and support the procurement team in the technical aspects of negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts, technical documents, or technical and financial proposals.
- Support commercial and technical work with external vendors, including support the tendering and execution of RFI and RFP.
- Contribute to preparing schedules and cost estimates for electrical package(s).
- Interface with other technical, development, and commercial teams to ensure communication of required inputs and outputs.
20% Participate in project team meetings, due diligence review and cross discipline cooperation.
5% Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Requires a Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Recommended skills within electrical design, power system analysis and offshore electrical design, HVAC and HVDC systems, power cables
- Good analytical skills
- Creative and innovative
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel
- Demonstrated consistently high levels of performance in all areas of responsibility
- Highly motivated self-starter, friendly personality, good team player, and can deliver result independently regards to technical troubleshooting
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.