- Posted 29 June 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameRen White
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
* Developing analog and digital signal processing electronics as improvements to existing designs or as part of new product development.
* Ensuring electrical component and system designs have appropriate analytical verification, production level validation, and field-testing.
* Ensuring that proper DFSS and DFM rigor has been applied throughout the design process.
* Working with other engineers, technicians, and PCB designers in a team environment to foster a creative workplace, allowing for new ideas while embracing speed and excellence.
* Documenting work products in written form, e.g., technical notes, design specifications, journal publications
To be successful in this role, you will:
* Have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
* Have experience with analog circuit design, emphasizing typical low-level measurements.
* Have experience with digital signal processing circuit design
* Have experience with Altium or other high-level PCB electrical CAD and Schematic Capture environment (Mentor, PADS, Cadence).
* Have experience properly using high-performance electrical measurement instrumentation (SMUs, electrometers, high resistance measurements, very low current measurements).
* Have experience with Embedded Processor system design for instrument-level systems development, including programming development for hardware debugging and testing.
* Have experience with Python, C#/C++, or other high-level language experience (Python as a priority).
* Have experience analyzing big data sets for test and validation purposes.
* Be able to solve problems of interest, exercising personal initiative to guide your own and others' efforts
* Be able to contribute to one or more of the related tasks: electronics design and analysis, data evaluation, and test validation
* Have excellent problem-solving and communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
1st Shift 8 am to 5 pm
* Have experience developing electronics for nuclear physics or radiation detection is highly desirable
* Have experience and success with low noise, small-signal analog electronics
* Have experience designing analog to digital signal processing electronics
* Have experience developing electronics for use in extreme temperature, shock, and vibration environments
* Have excellent data-driven analytical skills
* Have knowledge and experience relative to uncertainty and risk analysis
* Have excellent judgment and decision-making ability
* Have familiarity with SAP business system
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.