Deliver professional engineering services to enable the Principal Asset Engineer in fulfilment of the strategy for the upkeep of all assets and equipment client needs in order to deliver the Programme.
- Demonstration of safe, effective and ethical working behaviours.
- Adherence to management system requirements for engineering activities.
- Delivery of engineering tasks to schedule, budget and quality requirements.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Apply domain and technical knowledge for design intent, as-built standards and system
- performance through life for engineered systems and structures.
- Interpret and deliver the requirements of issued tasks from the Asset Engineering Solutions order book (including troubleshooting, quoting, reporting, design, commissioning and handover as required), and make evidence based professional engineering decisions to solve technical problems within area of responsibility.
- Identify and escalate business risk arising from condition of engineered systems and structures.
- Demonstrate adherence to management system requirements and relevant technical standards.
- Engage with company delivery and administrative requirements; report own and team progress honestly and clearly, communicate in an engaging manner, support performance management.
- Optimise the delivery of Operations Engineering.
- Educated to HNC Minimum
- Degree level with electrical bias - ideal
- Electrical Engineering background
- Someone who has worked within controls/instrumentation would be ideal
- Ideally not someone from a projects background
- Nuclear background
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.