- Posted 25 April 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineBuilt Environment Recruitment
- Contact NameSusan Ferguson
Electrical Engineer - Maintenance
Location - Grangemouth
Our client is a chemical company in Grangemouth seeking an Electrical Engineer. You will be responsible for planning all maintenance activities, by collating work requests through SAP, creation of work order numbers, planning and communicating work requirements through planning department for weekly planning schedules, ensuring required resources are in place.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for diagnosing, investigating, and fixing complex and technical faults on machinery, equipment, and components
- Demonstrating experience and knowledge of low and high voltage distribution systems, switchgear, generators, transfer switches and UPS.
- You will require good knowledge of automated control systems, PLC's and VSD's (including programming), fault diagnosis and installation.
- Working on the issues on automation lines in the finishing areas which involves modification to PLC programs and HMI Screens
- Detailing requirements / scope for refurbishment of site electrical equipment
- Reacting to unplanned plant failures, by assessing the failures and failure mechanisms, implementing repair strategies in order to return to service in the safest and efficient manor, using a RCA approach.
- Supporting the review of preventative maintenance Plan and progress reports management, by collating information through SAP or ANTEA .
- Use of electronic maintenance system, SAP.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance.
- Originating (as originator) the permits for work on the weekly plan plus any additional work which may be brought up, primarily by production.
- Following and implementing instructions / procedures for electrical work.
- Be competent to write and review written risk assessments in accordance with Management of Health & Safety at work act.
- Recording and storing historic work activities on plant electronic systems, including Microsoft word, excel and SAP. With photos, measuring of critical sizes/tolerances, to update asset records to comply with PUWER.
- Assisting in the selection and management of critical spares, through sourcing of information
- Contracting management
Skills and requirements:
- Previously worked on major outages, plant shutdowns (TAR's), and be good at managing stressful situations.
- Computer literate with Word, Excel, Microsoft project, SAP (Experience of CMMS), experience in a permit to work system, including isolation and lock off procedures.
- Prepared to explore areas beyond one's technical field.
- Electrical Engineering Degree with previous experience or HND in Electrical Discipline and also previous experience for a top tier COMAH site
- Experience in both LV and HV is a requirement and preferable but not essential Senior Authorised Person qualifications
- Electrical/Automation/ Software Engineering background
- PLC Programming Experience
- Maintenance experience as supervisor of electrical jobs is essential in this role
- The ideal candidate will be familiar and experienced in the following: Electrical HSE guide line ( e.g. HSE230, HSG 85, HSR25) and with the British standard related to HV, ML, LV and UPS.
- It is required a good understanding of PUWER and COSHH regulations, for the application with electrical equipment.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.