- Posted 14 May 2023
- Salary £467.92 - £468.92 per day
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineRenewable Energy Recruitment
- Contact NameIsabella Lotocka
I am looking for an engineering superhero to join my client and revolutionize the EV industry!
* Do you have 3+ years of experience in large scale engineering projects?
* Do you have a sound knowledge of EV charging technology and a thorough understanding of charging network operation and integration?
* Do you have experience in the design and build of or within hydrocarbon forecourts?
* Play a key role in delivering the EV charge points in the UK.
* Support the Engineering Team Lead in creating a standard design model that can be deployed, and quality detailed design products for the installation of the chosen solutions.
* Provide engineering assurance through the technical review of contractor design deliverables.
* Support all teams during site appraisal, network planning, procurement, installation, construction and commissioning/go-live.
* Support the risk management process on the projects.
* Anticipate on future standards and technology to optimize time and materials substance of any projects
* Support the continuous improvement of technical practices and processes.
* Support key engineering management processes to maintain the roll out of EV chargers on time and within budget, in an efficient and safe manner.
* Alert the Project Manager and the and Engineering Team Lead on any identified risks within his / her responsibility.
* Capture Lessons Learned through engineering and installation delivery and ensure Continuous Improvement throughout our EV deployments.
* Support interactions or contribute to negotiations with DNO/DSO and TSO.
* A strong track record in engineering delivery within projects or in supporting complex project management involving Hardware solutions in the EV infrastructure world.
* An understanding of the standards and protocols of the industry
* Experience of supervising work delivered though EPC contractors.
* An understanding of Grid access constraints and LV / MV / HV connections.
* A strong track record in performing technical reviews of 3rd party design drawings, calculations and reports.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
* Fluent in English
* Technical and engineering roll out in the EV field.
* 3+ years' experience in large scale engineering projects.
* Sound knowledge of EV charging technology and thorough understanding of the operation and structures of charging networks and how they are integrated.
* Direct experience of industry standards in the EV space.
* Experience in the design and build of or within hydrocarbon forecourts.#
If you're ready to take on this challenge and be part of an exciting journey, apply now!
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.