* Under general supervision, acts as a technical lead on projects, as required, by establishing development plans and approving design documents.
* Evaluates project risks and provides input to project leads to develop mitigation strategies. Uses engineering tools, test specifications and assessment of Health, Safety and Environment requirements during the design process.
* Uses software tools or applications to perform routine analysis to predict reliability and performance. Contributes to Client's Intellectual Property portfolio by delivering innovative and commercially successful solutions.
* Creates an impactful relationship with Client's technical community, customers, and vendors by proactively collaborating with key stakeholders.
* Participates in professional societies in area of specialization.
* Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 4 years of related experience.
* Completion of a master's degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
* Experience with design and analysis of analog electronics systems: active/passive component selection, gain signal conditioning, input/output filter design, closed-loop control, A/D and D/A, etc.
* Design knowledge of power electronics circuits: power supplies, magnetics, and inverters
* Experience with developing circuitry schematic design and support PCB design.
* Well versed in resolving issues such as noise minimization, reflection, crosstalk, ground bounce, etc.
* Experience with Lab Measurement Equipment: network and impedance analyzers, scopes, etc.
* Experience with circuit simulators (LTSPICE, PSPICE, etc.) for modeling designs
* Experience with developing components qualification and subsystem verification/validation/reliability testing plans and lead execution of plans: including high temperature qualification/verification/validation/reliability.
* Skills of document designs, specifications, test plans, revisions and produce test reports.
* Organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.