- Posted 27 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameFinlay Asher
Electrical Engineer (Solar) - Anesco
Anesco is a market leader in renewable energy, managing the development, design, construction, maintenance, and market optimisation of large-scale projects across the UK, and more recently in Europe.
To date the company has constructed over 100 grid scale solar farms and 30 energy storage facilities, while its O&M service is monitoring more than 24,000 sites. The technologies we have deployed and manage are generating over 1GW of renewable energy and we have a further 2.5GW portfolio of projects in development.
With a global focus on climate change there has been no better or exciting time to join Anesco as we look to expand our footprint in Europe and accelerate the transition to net zero.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of Electrical power systems, specifications, and designs, in accordance with relevant ISO/ IEC/BS standards, including IET CoP, BS7671 18th Edition etc.
- Knowledge in design of High Voltage (HV) and Medium Voltage systems (MV).
- Design the electrical protection schemes and assist with engineering CAD drawings as required.
- Knowledge in MV/LV electrical equipment design, specification, selection, and design (including UPS, cables, metering, CTs, switchgear, transformers, inverters, inverter string configuration etc).
- Liaison with electrical equipment manufacturers, technical advisors, and consultants.
- Cable sizing and optimisation calculations; issuing of MV/LV DC cable schedules for procurement and/or installation requirements.
- Knowledge in Earthing system design and Lighting Protection Systems.
- G99 design compliance calculations as per the DNO/TSO requirements.
Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum three years of professional PV, BESS, Wind system design experience at commercial/ utility-scale.
- Proficient in electrical systems design, including electrical power distribution systems and renewable connections.
- Familiarity with Amtech or similar power system electrical design packages to assist with cable sizing and/or protection settings, schemes and optimisation.
- Experienced user of the following software, AutoCAD, MSOffice (particularly Excel for data analytics), Outlook, SharePoint.
- Knowledge in SCADA and communications Systems.
- Understanding of P28, G99 and similar ENA recommendations and design/implementation of solutions to meet these requirements.
- Knowledge of inverter specification, array sizing, yield optimization, module selection and component assessments.
- Knowledge of site surveys, construction inspection, and As-Built documents, O&M manuals, and O&M handover documents.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualified in electrical engineering or relevant experience.
- Member of a recognised electrical institute.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.