Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Designers
Location - Rosyth
Contract 6 months+
Rate - £33 per hour Umbrella PAYE
Our client an innovative and successful Marine Shipbuilding and Engineering Support business is seeking to source experienced Designers to support the T31 Frigate Project based at Rosyth Dockyard, Fife.
The Designer is responsible for the creation of CAD models and drawings along with other design deliverables to the required standards. They are required to contribute to as well as supporting the whole project and product design cycle from concept through to construction and installation technical support.
The role requires; a good understanding of engineering and design practice's as relevant to the electrical discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent 2D & 3D CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
Key Result Areas
* Primary responsibilities are the preparation/production of CAD 3D routed system models including cable containment (Ladder / Tray / Basket), penetrations and cableway supports in line with recognised ISO and industry standards, specifications and project policies to the required; time, cost and quality requirements;
* Preparation/production of 2D electrical installation and fabrication drawings from the 3D model including cable containment installation drawings, penetration installation drawings and material schedules in line with recognised ISO and industry standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements;
* Ability to identify errors and omissions that conflict with required specifications, policies and clash detection within source 3D model and 2D deliverables;
* Interpretation or production of electrical single line diagrams / block diagrams / schematics / cable schedules / termination drawings / black line (nodal network) routing drawings;
* Liaise with professional engineering colleagues and various stakeholders during detail design phase to ensure coordination and functionality of design through spatial integration reviews and design reviews;
* Experience of design governance with a particular focus on performing self-verification of own work through the drawing check and approval process;
* Knowledge of change control process when updating the revision of drawings / documentation;
* Familiarity with shipbuilding/ship repair terminology and practices;
* Develop innovative design solutions;
* Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries;
* Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management;
* Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented;
* Assist with ship surveys for validation of existing system drawings.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill
* The post holder is required to hold an NC/HNC or an equivalent qualification in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
* Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
* Be proficient in the use of one or more parametric/spec driven CAD system in a 3D/2D environment. Preference to be with AutoCAD.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
* Knowledge of MOD(N) ships would be advantageous;
* Experience in Design for Manufacture within a marine build and/or refit marketplace (or similar).
Successful candidates will be required to complete Baseline Security Clearance and Disclosure Scotland.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.