- Posted 27 July 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- LocationCounty Meath
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameVictoria Armitstead
We at Orion Group are currently recruiting a EHS Support Specialist on behalf of one of our Multinational Biopharmaceutical Clients in County Meath to work on an initial 7-month contract, supporting the expansion of manufacturing and support facilities.
Under the direction of the Project EHS lead:
- Participate in project design reviews and HAZOPS for proposed new systems
- Ensure management of change processes are followed and serve as EHS reviewer for planning of activities impacting existing facility operation
- Co-ordinate project support from relevant SME's such as Industrial Hygiene, Process Safety, Machinery Safety etc.
- Support the containment philosophy for the potent compound facility
- Serve as a site EHS representative during mechanical completion, commissioning and qualification activities, participate in project walk-downs and start-up activities for assigned systems:
- Ensure that installation is in conformance with local and national regulations, internal company standards, design intent and HAZOP recommendations
- Ensure that all necessary procedures, PPE, signage and training are complete and available for performing the necessary tasks during the specific start-up phase
- Serve as primary EHS reviewer for Pre-Start-up Safety and Environmental checklists completed during project start-up activities
- Serve as a leader in demonstrating and implementing a strong EHS culture across the project
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record to influence others, have strong knowledge of safety programs and be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate is a self-directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related Safety or Environmental field of study
Required Experience and Skills:
- +5 years of EHS, Engineering, or Operational experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, biochemical or process related industry
- Drive to engage others and have excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to maintain focus on key project goals and priorities, but also analyse the detail to facilitate problem resolution and ensure project success
- Knowledge and experience working with EHS regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence both horizontally and vertically
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.