- Posted 01 May 2022
- Salary neg
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Economist, based in Aberdeen.
- Providing economic evaluations as needed in support of investment opportunities across the UK business. These include exploration, development, brownfield projects and other strategic options.
- Participating in CISGP Gate Reviews including the preparation of Gate documentation.
- Providing support for project PAF's, the Strategic Plan, the annual Work Programme & Budget and other key business processes (e.g. impairment & reserves reviews).
- Participating in Peer Reviews and proactively identifies any issues requiring an Economics Peer Assist
- Participating in economic lookbacks on major expenditures to assess value added and capital efficiency
- Completing other analyses and ad hoc projects as required
Experience & Qualifications:
- A history of working as the economist within evaluation teams with exposure to G&G, Reservoir Engineering and Facilities Engineering
- Experience of providing economics evaluations in support of commercial analysis
- Strong economic modelling history with ability to review other economists' work
- Advanced Excel capability and presentation skills
- Palantir CASH/FIN experience would be valuable
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.