- Posted 30 April 2022
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
We are seeking an Economic and Planning Analyst for our Operator client based in Aberdeen. This will be a STAFF opportunity but with the option of Contract to Staff if this would suit better. Hybrid working model of 3 days in the office and 2 working from home.
The role will centre around assisting the Finance Managers with Economic and Commercial Analysis, Investment Decisions etc.
Candidates must have experience of Upstream oil & gas economic analysis and be based n or willing to live in the Aberdeenshire area.
Key accountabilities include:
· Economic Analysis: deliver all economic analysis to support value based investment decisions, challenging inputs where appropriate; provide appropriate guidance & direction to the wider business team on scoping/screening options; deliver analytical support for Bus Dev, M&A, strategic cross asset projects as required; support delivery of regional analytical processes including SMOG, impairment, UK tax, risk management & Decommissioning
· Commercial Optimisation & Risk: Support identification, quantification and delivery of cash and RCOP options and identify commercial synergies or value optimisation opportunities across assets
· Agreement Management: understand & track contractual obligations, provide analysis to support agreement development & optimisation and support Finance Manager with JV compliance of commercial agreements
· Investment Governance: support development of investment decision documentation (FM/ATN/LTCCs); support identification & definition of investment choices; provide economic analysis in compliance with GIAAP/EEM standards and co-ordinate assurance/approval process
· Business Planning (ADP & Managing the Plan): support delivery of quarterly internal plans including review of asset plan data for quality & alignment, high level variance analysis, provide insights into asset performance & delivery, provide analytical input and analysis in support of Asset Development Plans (ADP) and track asset performance against ADPs
· Business Planning (Budgeting & Forecasting): Forecast & track commercials costs; update & maintain commercial/option plan inputs and support review and understanding of delivery against JV budgets (supported by Performance & ARC)
· Financial Performance Management: Support financial performance management of assets ranging from identifying and executing cash management options to helping define future LEAN strategies for late life assets
· External Stakeholder Management: support preparation of materials & attend JV meetings, take minutes, track actions & provide analytical support to Finance Managers on all aspects of JV management
· Experience in the energy industry
· Experience in economic evaluation and Investment governance processes
· Experience in a mixture of planning, performance, JV and agreement management
· Strong Analytical and modelling skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel
· Strong team-working skills and ability to effectively influence and build alignment with individuals and within multi-disciplinary teams
· Communicate and coordinate across a broad spectrum of technical and non-technical work groups
· Interpret and analyse data with the ability to draw out information and insights
· Strong communication skills
· Working knowledge of PowerBI and Python
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference TR/053738
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.