- Posted 02 June 2022
- Contact NameKelsee Tedder
- The drilling engineer is accountable for engineering activity covering the planning, program preparation and execution of drilling operations within the wells team.
- You will also have accountability for operational support on new and existing wells.
- The Drilling Engineer reports to the Drilling Engineering team leader. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- With a strong commitment to HSSE, you will take responsibility for planning and executing a drilling well designs for an oil or gas well.
- Ensure drilling programs, program amendments and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
- Working closely with resource teams, geologists, production and service company personnel to ensure an efficient operation.
- Prepare cost estimates and cost control for wells activities.
- Monitor all phases of the drilling operations.
- Perform post-analyses for benchmarking and learning, identification and implementation of appropriate new technologies.
- Prepare end of well reports. - Recommend and conduct engineering studies to improve completion operational performance.
- Implement best practices as identified in operational and engineering studies.
- Onsite support for key drilling operations
- Ensure appropriate assurance and review of the drilling design and work plan.
- Coach and mentor drilling engineers to ensure appropriate technical development.
- Assure adequate third party Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Minimum 8-10 years experience in similar position
- Well Planning expertise
- Deepwater Gulf of Mexico experience
- Well Control Certificate Required
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.