Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Drilling Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Effective in providing day to day operational support to the Senior Drilling Engineer and Drilling Supt during assigned well operations.
* Able to identify and implement technology or operational improvement.
* Can champion new technologies and application of innovative approaches.
* Works well with others in a multi-functional team environment.
* Able to interact effectively with peers, Partners, Govt Officials and service and contractor representatives.
* Includes pre-planning support comprising Landmark engineering modelling, using Well view database, liaison with service providers and contractor, arranging Peer Reviews & Risk Assessments.
* Assist in subsurface planning of wells & Decision Support Package development, technical limit & benchmarking, cost estimates, OSDR Well Notification and other permits.
* Provide drilling engineering support including development of detailed well design, programs, and a drill the well on paper exercise.
* Provide offshore visits/support during the well execution phase.
* Complete well lookbacks and final well reports post execution phase.
* Attend key interface meetings with Assets and Contractors to support well planning and execution.
* Work scope to include all drilling engineering skill sets and competencies for slot recovery operations and ERD / horizontal development drilling.
* Support well design and execution performance improvement efforts. Assist in well integrity issues and risk assessments where appropriate.
* Provide contract management control and technical support.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Industry recognised academic qualification (degree or equivalent) or comparable industrial experience. Engineering degree preferred.
* Relevant experience working at DE level.
* Preference for candidates who have completed an accredited Wells Engineer Competence system.
* Valid UKCS certification, including IWCF L4.
* Recent UKCS platform drilling experience preferred.
* Relevant experience, mainly on platform drilling, planning and execution.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/065507.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.