Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Drilling Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Prepare well designs, drilling programmes and regulatory submissions in compliance with local statutory requirements and the company's corporate policies, standards and procedures.
* Conduct well planning in accordance with the Well Delivery Process (WDP) and ensure compliance.
* Prepare scopes of work and appropriate specifications for procurement of the company equipment and services.
* Technical lead for assigned contracts. Responsible for managing the agreed relationship with service providers and in setting the KPIs with the Contract Owner and C&P Specialist
* Provide input as required into preparation of permits and applications to statutory bodies to conform to local governmental and other agency requirements.
* Prepare scoping, budgetary and AFE level well costs. Monitor field costs and analyse variances.
* Monitor and measure performance against expectations. Analyse variances and act as a focal point for lessons learned.
* Coordinate and liaise with other the company's disciplines on well related issues.
* Coordinate service company support to the company.
* Liaise with and support well-site activities as directed.
* Promotion and management of all well construction performance improvement initiatives resulting from the lessons learned.
* Develop wells to an appropriate state of readiness to facilitate rig selection and well allocation.
* Application of functional specifications to deliver optimum well designs
* Ensure that long lead material and equipment are identified for procurement on time.
* Initiation of shallow hazards assessment and borehole surveys.
* Optimise performance where possible by appropriate application of new technology.
* Scheduling of material and personnel required to meet programme objectives.
* Implementation of lessons learned system in relation to drilling operations.
* Accurate and timely reporting of all programme activities.
* Maintenance of end of well records, lessons learned and complete well files.
* Encourage good, open communications with contractors, promoting a culture of involvement and participation
* Compliance with well examination process and submission of all drilling permits and permissions required to meet drilling plan.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Individual contributor. Enthusiastic self-development as a Drilling Engineer.
* Bachelor's degree in Drilling Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or similar (preferred) or vocational training with extensive experience in well engineering and site supervision, with proven track record.
* Relevant experience in well engineering and site supervision. Must be a competent practitioner in accordance with CASMAX® competency profile
* IWCF Well Control Certification
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063711.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.