- Posted 22 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Drilling Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Assist the Drilling Superintendents to the operations follow-up of drilling campaign.
* Assist the Well Operations Team Leader for drilling/intervention operations and demonstrate management commitment to safety.
o Wells are designed & prepared in accordance with UK Oil&Gas Regulations and Company Rules
o The preparation of operational programmes, DECC/WONS/HSE permits/notifications and procedures (including SIMOPS and Bridging documents) is done in a timely manner in order to meet the projects schedule.
o Implementation of engineering work plans, providing live engineering support to operations (casing design, directional, hydraulics, swab and surge, torque and drag, well control calculations etc.).
* Collaborate with relevant Geoscience Metiers in the organization and preparation of wells "Scope of Requisition" and "Scope of Work" meetings and reports.
* Organize & participate to task forces to resolve engineering/technical issues
* Ensure material stock remains compatible with Project Schedule and update/follow up equipment preparation for routine/non-routine operations with the assistance of the Drilling Engineers.
* Provide the required technical documentation and input to allow call for tenders and award of contracts for the provision of services specific to the Projects and assist the negotiation of drilling related contracts required for future operations.
* Organize & participate to HAZID / HAZOP when required and ensure recommendations are applied.
* Effective contract management of contracts (operational cost) with a view to optimising value and to take decisions with respect to the job holder's technical speciality
* Support the Joint Venture and Development Departments as technical interface assistant between the company and its partners for the drilling aspects.
* Supervise and coach/mentor entry level engineers
Experience & Qualifications:
* The job holder will hold a BSc of MSc or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline (Mechanical, Chemical, Offshore or Petroleum) with previous experience in well engineering.
* Organisational skills to prioritise and manage a heavy workload in a rapidly changing environment
* Good computer skills, especially in Drilling Engineering softwares (T-DESK, Wellview)
* Job Holder will be committed to developing skills and experience in technical discipline i.e., well completion design, well architecture calculation etc.
* Well-developed knowledge of contractual/legal/terms & conditions/insurance issues
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062434.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.