Job Description - Commissioning Specialist (Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation, Marine, Subsea)
Discipline drilling rig commissioning specialist to support the Site Team Lead with equipment FAT's, mechanical completion, pre-commissioning, commissioning and testing activities in the shipyard for newbuild deepwater drillship projects. Reports to the Commissioning Manager in the shipyard.
* Liaison with relevant drilling contractor discipline lead on technical issues related to commissioning and acceptance.
* Liaison with the onsite Operations Foremen on technical issues.
* Maintain good working relations with the drilling contractor, shipyard personnel, and operations personnel.
* Assist Site Team Lead to develop plans and necessary tools and resources to manage the work, ensure these are documented and available for future projects. Capture lessons learned and document these.
* Help promote safety guidelines on project and participate in safety activities to ensure all staff on project work safely.
* Review drawings and documentation to ensure the equipment and systems within your discipline are safe and meet applicable standards.
* Provide advice to the Site Team Lead for your discipline as to the quality and effectiveness of the drilling contractor technical and commissioning team.
* Review the available commissioning procedures on sister rigs ahead of the current projects in the shipyard with a view to improving and enhancing the commissioning procedures
* Review available FAT procedures and develop technical attachments to standard vendor procedures for your discipline.
* Attend FAT's of selected safety critical and operation critical equipment associated with your discipline.
* Assist with documentation and resolution of punch list items.
* Ensure any items not adequately tested in the vendor shop receive corrective action in the shipyard via additional testing/completion of FAT if necessary.
* Observe and report to Site Team Lead on mechanical completion of equipment and systems as installed on the rig.
* Participate in system and equipment commissioning onboard the vessel. Prepare reports and assist with documentation of punch list items.
* Assist the Site Team Lead and on-site rig supervisor to determine readiness for delivery of the vessel.
* Ensure the completed rig and equipment installation meet the applicable Regulatory and Class rules including BSEE, EPA, USCG, DnV, IMO, MARPOL, etc.