- Posted 05 May 2022
- SalaryUS$1400 - US$1750 per day
- Contact NameMichael DaCosta
Drilling & Completion Superintendent - Onshore Egypt (28/28)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Drilling & Completion Superintendent on a long-term direct hire contract basis. The position will be based onshore in Abu Rudeis, Egypt on 28/28 Rotation.
You will be responsible for supporting and advising Drilling and Workover operations in onshore and offshore locations; special focus on Well Integrity and QHSE aspects aligning procedures with corporate requirements.
As a senior member of the client drilling team you will be responsible for:
- Supporting and advising Onshore and Offshore Drilling and Workover Rigs operation on HSEQ matters. Develop and align procedures with corporate requirements, champion continuous improvement activities and auditing, including, but not limited to, liaising with the certifying and other audit bodies during visits
- Assist Coaching Tool Pusher advisors in coaching the Drilling and Workover Rig crews, ensuring all improvement opportunities are identified and implemented
- Ensure the daily activities quick report is duly filled out
- Reviewing Drilling and Workover programs to ensure that operations are performed in accordance with Company's procedures and considering every single operation with particular attention to well integrity and operational safety
- Evaluating the need for services, equipment, and material and providing for their request
- Providing support to Rig Supervisors in the resolution of operational problems at the well site, reporting any potential or actual well problems, and advising remedial plans or corrective actions
- Advising during Drilling/Workover execution of any technical variation from approved scope, proposing the appropriate changes if necessary
- Ensuring lessons learned and related recommendations are captured and shared to allow for the improvement of next operations
- Ensuring daily visits at the well site with particular attention to HSE aspects and equipment inspection
- Liaising with HSE and Logistics functions to review lifting plans
- Investigate and report unscheduled events, identifying root causes and ensuring application and remedial actions
- Ensuring good communication with local staff
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- Previous 10 years of experience in Drilling & Completion Operations of which at least 5 years as D&C Superintendent
- Excellent communication and personal skills, dealing with people at all organization levels
- Required certificate Well Control Level 4 Subsea (IWCF or IADC), BOSIET, H2S
If you have the skills and experience to perform well in this role we want to hear from you. Please follow the link to apply and upload a copy of your latest CV for immediate consideration.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.