- Posted 17 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Drilling Accountant, based in Aberdeen.
* Tracking actual expenditure and allocating costs as required, working closely with the Wells Department and other areas of the Business to ensure expenditure is accounted for correctly.
* Understanding of advanced accounting functions including differentiation of tangible &
intangible / Capex & Opex costs; completion of well reconciliations; monthly£ reforecasting and reporting.
* Commitment reporting and analytical review/ challenge (actuals and VoWD).
* Ensure invoices are processed using the correct cost coding.
* Preparation of required paperwork for WBS creation in SAP ensuring correct accounting treatment.
* Play an integral role in any Partner led JV and Statutory Audit reviews
* Assist in the development of the Joint Venture Accounting Function covering multiple assets -- streamlining and standardising procedures wherever appropriate and engaging with other Accountants for knowledge sharing, cover and backup.
* Maintain account reconciliations assigned to the position according to the agreed schedule and in compliance with SOX requirements and manage to conclusion any outstanding issues.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree and qualified accountant of recognised body ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent with appropriate industry experience gained in a similar role.
* Excellent working knowledge of SAP is essential and experience using Wellview would be beneficial.
* Detailed technical knowledge of Exploration & Production accounting including Standard Operating Accounting Procedures in order to ensure asset expenditure is fair and equitable, company reimbursement is maximized, and JV audits are successful.
* Ability to challenge forecast assumptions and provide input based on actual expenditure, highlighting anomalies to the JV Accountant for the relevant asset.
* Knowledge of JV Accounting Standards.
* Attention to detail, analytical and logical mindset.
* Self-motivated and quick learner able to operate with minimal supervision.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Flexibility and ability to juggle several demands at once.
* Good Team Player.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/062897.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.