- Posted 06 July 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Document Controller, based in Aberdeen.
* Adheres to company policies and procedures.
* Demonstrates a personal commitment to HS&E.
* Contributes to HSE meetings and targets.
* Deliver document control by developing, owning, and following Information Management (IM) procedures for technical and non-technical controlled documents.
* Deliver document control requests coming from the business including document numbering, tag numbering, document retrieval, searching etc.
* Quality check document deliverables received against IM standards and specifications.
* Support the development of the BMS structure and oversee future enhancement to the system.
* Maintain integrity of the BMS by following defined IM procedures.
* Deliver to offsite storage requests and retrievals for the business (Physical Records Management).
* Comply with the Company Records Management for Controlled and non-Controlled documents.
* Support monitoring of company's third parties in Document Control processes, IM best practice and ensuring compliance with company procedures and requirements e.g., Check out of master drawings, issue master document numbers, tag numbers, placeholders etc.
* Provide BMS training or front-end searching guidance for company's personnel / third parties ensuring all are updated of any changes / enhancements.
* Process printing requests from all departments and liaise with External Printing Company.
* Send out relevant Policies & Procedures to third parties as required.
* Deliver all aspects of the document control function ensuring requests and queries are prioritized and are processed and closed out in a timely and satisfactory manner, and that a professional and quality Document Control service is provided to the Business.
* Document Number, Revision Coding / Revision Status allocation and allocation of Engineering numbering in accordance with the Company Document Numbering Procedure. Native files are retained and stored.
* Maintenance of records, ensuring these reflect accurate attribute and current document status.
* Assist in the implementation of new Document Control-related processes and enhancements.
* Conduct audit and assurance of company's Category 1 documentation and third-party document management of company's information.
* Ensure Engineering archive documentation is captured and controlled in compliance with the company Policy.
* Experience in asset transition advantageous
* Understanding of Document Numbering /Revision Control coding and indexing requirements re Design and Vendor documentation, including document lifecycles.
* Document Management System experience.
* Meticulous attention to detail with accurate inputting skills
* Processing of Interface documents and ensuring hard copies are placed in the Emergency Response Room.
* Communicate and provide monthly status updates to the company's Leadership Team identifying status of the BMS, document review status and potential Document Control-related areas of concern and seek resolution in a timely manner.
* Processing of Engineering (Design and Vendor) documentation including the registration, issue / distribution / transmittal, tracking and retrieval of documents received and issued to and from company and third parties.
* Expediting of overdue IDC / Issued for Review and Issued for Approval documentation.
* Search and retrieval of information held within BMS.
* Responsible for the provision of exception reporting, as required (Late Reports, Weekly Document Issue Reports).
* Preparation / compilation of adhoc technical document packages for issue to internal and third parties, as required.
* Proactively promote and ensure Document Control processes and procedures are understood and are complied with by users.
* Execute day-to-day document control support to all departments.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant Degree or equivalent experience.
* Experience working within the oil and gas industry in a Document Control and Business
* Experienced in working in compliance with departmental and project procedures.
* Excellent command of Microsoft 365, particularly SharePoint
* Strong IT skills
* Excellent file management skills
* Good organisation/administration skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055778.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.