We are seeking an experienced Document Controller (Projects) for a potentially long-term Capital Project based in Aberdeen. Candidates should have previous oil & gas project experience and be based in the Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire area.
* Work to and understand project procedures and specifications to ensure IM best practice is implemented throughout project lifecycle.
* Manage project information throughout entire lifecycle from creation to final version / destruction.
* Manage relationships with project teams in defining, capturing, and managing project deliverables.
* Deliver project document control following project procedures for internal/external technical documents and project correspondence.
* Assist with the maintenance of the project electronic document management systems (EDMS)
* Deliver document control following project procedures for internal/external documentation.
* Issue and receive documents and drawings in a controlled manner and within agreed time-scales, using company's EDMS
* Quality check of document deliverables received from internal and external parties against project IM Standards and Specifications.
* Processing of project documentation including Engineering, Supplier, and internal documentation: registration, issue, distribution, transmittal, tracking, and retrieval of documents received and issued to and from project / 3rd Parties.
* Maintaining the life cycle of comment and comment response sheets within the project EDMS.
* Maintain integrity of the EDMS by following defined project procedures.
* Maintaining the electronic records, ensuring these reflect accurate attribute and current document status.
* Document Number, Revision Coding / Revision Status control and allocation.
* Allocation of document and drawing numbering in accordance with project procedures.
* Create and maintain internal Master Document Register (MDR) for use by the project team.
* Preparation and maintenance of project-specific Document Distribution Matrices (DDMs), in accordance with project defined requirements.
* Deliver document control requests received from project team members including document numbering, document retrieval, searching etc.
* Loading (bulk loading) of records to EDMS.
* Scanning of documents and uploading of files if required to EDMS.
* Expediting of overdue Issued for Review / IDC and Issued for Acceptance documentation.
* Providing reporting for all projects (Late Reports, Weekly Document Issue Reports, etc.).
* Participate in project kick off meetings
* Supporting and assisting with any ad-hoc requests received from company and 3rd Parties.
* Preparation / compilation of document packages for issue to internal and 3rd Parties, as required.
* Assist with the preparation of documentation for Invitation to Tender (ITT) data packs in preparation for contract award.
* Project to operations archiving to support turnover and closeout.
* Ensure Engineering archive documentation is captured and controlled in compliance with company procedures.
* Search and retrieval of information held within EDMS
* Providing assistance and training in the use of the Document Management Systems to the project teams.
* Provide training and support to project personnel in DC processes and search/use of EDMS.
* Provide DMS training or front-end searching guidance for any relevant internal / external parties ensuring that all are updated with any changes or enhancements.
* Proactively promote and ensure Document Control processes and procedures are understood and are complied with by the users.
* Deliver all aspects of the document control function ensuring requests and queries are prioritized. Ensuring these are processed and closed out in a timely manner, and that a professional / quality Document Control service is provided to the project.
* Communicate and provide regular status updates to the Document Control lead identifying potential Document Control-related areas of concern and seek resolution in a timely manner.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant document control experience preferably within a major capital project
* In-depth knowledge of IM/DC systems and Microsoft products. Knowledge of Auto-Cad or similar tools a plus
* Ability to communicate effectively at all project levels
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063526.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.