To deliver a project document control support service to projects and functions, classifying, registering and tracking documents within the document management system.
Responsible for comprehending and interpreting the nature of record content and accurately recording metadata.
- Classify and register documents into a document management system without supervision, understanding the links between process and the approver. Link documents according to their context.
- Undertake quality compliance checks to ensure documents are produced and maintained in accordance with project requirements and SLMS requirements
- Carry out search and retrieval requests, collate and analyse information, and produce reports.
- Organise their own workload with limited reference upwards for direction and the setting of priorities, anticipate and deal with issues according to procedures.
- Provide advice and guidance on the implementation of client Document Control processes
- Contributes to the improvement of working practices in document control and records management practice,
- Maintain contacts with other team members in the Project Team anticipating their requirements and building that into the service provision.
- Assists in the development of the project record and handover schedules and the project distribution matrix in accordance with the QA Plan.
- Monitor their progress and performance on the project, contributing to cost control.
- Comply with processes and procedures, ensuring that these follow statutory, regulatory and company policy; contributes to specific procedures to solve local problems and consults more widely for their universal adoption.
- Strong Administrative background
- Experience using MS Office
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or NVQ equivalent with the ability to build on this foundation towards a professional qualification
- Experience in a document control environment
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.