- Posted 27 April 2022
- Contact NameKevin Kinzie
The Digital Transformation Leader will own a portfolio of Transformational Digital programs for Manufacturing and Supply Chain organizations. This person will be responsible for shaping the Digital strategy and roadmap in alignment with organization goals. This individual will partner with cross-functional team to realize strategy and develop solutions. The successful candidate will represent and promote the client's Digital capabilities with customers, partners and industry bodies. The success for this role will be measured by speed and effectiveness of Digital transformation.
The position reports operationally and functionally to the Director Subsea & REMS Digital.
Key interactions include but are not limited to:
Subsea and REMS Management team
Subsea and REMS digital portfolio key stakeholders and business owners
Digital Factory Managers (platform, data and resources)
Digital Product Managers
Engineering, Projects Execution & Services teams
External; Customers & Industry partners.
This position will be based in Houston with travel to other client sites and facilities as required.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Develop/Validate Digital Strategy for a Manufacturing & Supply Chain and ensure alignment with corporate Digital Strategy
- Own digital portfolio of programs and budgets for business segment (assigned) in collaboration with the product managers and business owners
- Partner with functional teams to analyze opportunity, viability, and feasibility of new digital initiatives.
- Define overall value propositions internally and facilitate creation of business case.
- Leverage digital technologies to improve business performance and create new business opportunities.
- Perform regular reviews to monitor progress, track business impact and maintain alignment with overall business Strategy.
- Drive all aspects of change management for adoption of new processes with programs in Digital portfolio.
- Work with program owners, product managers and other stakeholders to scale the digital initiatives across the enterprise.
- Facilitate steering committee reviews for Digital portfolio.
- Develop and initiate a stakeholder communication and engagement plan to communicate the digital portfolio roadmap, business impact and commercialization and the change initiative to all impacted teams, leveraging and building effective communication channels and vehicles.
- Lead team of Product managers and Products Owners to deliver solutions in alignment with Digital Strategy in alignment with SAFe (Scale Agile) methodology.
- Represent client in industry associations and drive standardization
- Gather voice of customer, understand industry trends and steer portfolio to success.
- Educated to a degree level, Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering preferred. MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus.
- 10+ years' of related work experience with strong experience in building/deploying digital transformation solutions preferably in medium/large-sized organizations.
- Prior experience of driving Digital transformation in complex energy organizations is preferred.
- Ability to learn and deploy new approaches and new ways of working to challenge established ideas, processes, and structures.
- Strong understanding and experience with Digital technologies, market trends along with ability to separate out value from noise.
- Understanding of workflows (Manufacturing, supply chain, Projects, Services) in upstream Oil & Gas industry preferred.
- Ability to effectively engage in and drive discussions with customers.
- Product Management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- A collaborative team player with ability to work effectively across functions and business lines globally
- Experienced in leading and working with diverse and virtual teams.
- Ability to inspire and influence others both internally and externally at all levels.
- Knowledge of lean six sigma principals is plus.
- Strong communication skills; Excellent listener; open and transparent communications style with the ability to interact effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be highly resilient with unquestionable business and personal integrity.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and a natural appetite for going 'the extra mile' when required
- Expresses enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit; is structured, collaborative and self-motivated
- Exhibits an innovative and creative mindset; open to new ideas and new ways of doing things to achieve growth objectives; ability to bring together disparate ideas to build disruptive solutions.
- Ability to Travel
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.