- Posted 08 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameKelsee Tedder
Digital Project Manager
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
What is the purpose
Shipping and Maritime is our Company's center of expertise for Shipping and Maritime matters. It provides commercial, ship management and technology services and is responsible for ensuring that all our global maritime activities are managed safely.
From the Houston office we support downstream businesses with Maritime Operational Assurance and Support, Business Development and Technology Projects in Americas. Our focus lies on safety, efficiency and support to become a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050.
Proactive engagement across Shipping & Maritime stakeholders will be required to help identify and support opportunities and leverage the skills and competencies available across the wider digital community and within our contractors to deliver sustainable solutions aligned with Group digital strategies.
Digital Project Manager
What is the role?
The Digital Project Manager will be responsible for identifying and delivering digitalization and optimization opportunities that drive emissions reduction, work process improvements and overall Shipping activity efficiency.
Will also be the focal point for the carbon emissions control and credits, promoting Decarbonization through digital - performance optimization for Shipping activities and use of Artificial Intelligence for integrated and optimized solutions. Support to Powering Progress strategy by proper use of technology.
You will be accountable for, but not limited to:
- Digital portfolio - implementation of all digital tools to Americas Shipping business, through maturation and development process. In addition to new project development, the role will assist in maintaining the array of solutions already deployed, including work on enhancements.
- Be the team Subject Matter Expert for digital solutions, advanced analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and new technologies, understanding business demands and opportunities and connecting to solutions available on the market.
- Support the Maritime Transformation Manager Americas in development of Digital Strategy and a healthy funnel of innovative, new IT/Digital opportunities that drive continuous improvements and deliver bottom line value aligned with the Trading & Supply ambitions and integration to business partners in Trading & Supply, Upstream and Sectors & Decarbonization.
- Accountability to define and manage digital road map including delivery and management of the digital projects in the Americas, working closely with the relevant internal stakeholders and IT teams and counterparty IT Teams. Close work with business sponsors across Shipping & Maritime and other business lines when necessary to explore and develop digital partnerships.
- Product Ownership - management of digital projects using agile ways of working, development of new systems and processes that enhance the capabilities of Shipping & Maritime in the Americas and enhance the user experience.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of the business, processes, applications, information, and data associated with shipping operations.
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's Degree in any work-related field is required
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in any work-related field
- Previous experience in Trading, Supply or Logistics businesses is preferred
- Self-starter with good business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Must be proficient with systems, scripting languages and business analysis techniques (VBA, Sharepoint, PowerBI, Microsoft automated Power Apps, Database Applications, Salesforce and other advanced data analytics).
- Demonstrable expertise in project management including scope, goals, resources, deliverables/milestones, and other key metrics and associated stakeholder management
- Ability to estimate value or impact as part of comprehensive business case for new digital solutions
- Business analysis skills and the ability to shape opportunities into project proposals. Identification of opportunities and proper understanding of business strategy for Shipping & Maritime and supported areas (previous exposure to shipping industry and Trading systems will be beneficial). Ability to effectively document and manage requirements, specifications, sprints, resource plans to ensure timely and successful delivery of the project
- Continuous improvement focused. Familiarity or experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum, LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc.
- Team player. Able to work effectively with all levels and parts of business and IT organizations. Ability to work effectively in virtual, geographically dispersed, cross-cultural environments.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.