Development Scientist I - Systems I
Onsite in Brea, CA
Hourly Rate: $21-24/hr (Medical,dental,vision,401k employee benefits available at a cost)
12+ month initial contract
Shift: 8:30am - 5:00pm PST, M-F
Orion Group is seeking a Development Scientist to work onsite in Brea, CA for our premiere medical device manufacturing client.
The Development Scientist I participates in the integration, verification and validation of new and/or improved hardware and software features for Clinical Chemistry and Immunochemistry Diagnostic Systems. They will perform assay testing on these systems and uses the resulting performance to assess the functionality of new and/or improved features.
* Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which results may be obtained.
* Works with engineering staff to identify issues and investigate to root cause.
* Participates in process improvement, design change or current product support projects.
* Writes and executes experimental protocols, analyzes data, summarizes results, reports status of experiments to supervisor and writes associated reports.
* Provides quality assurance for adherence to technical standards.
* Maintains well organized laboratory notebooks in compliance with relevant procedures and supports technologies post-launch to resolve performance and/or quality issues.
* This is an entry level position; however, the hiring manager is requiring B.S. degree in Biology, Biotechnology or Biomedical Engineering with 0 - 2 years industry laboratory experience.
* Attention to detail and ability to problem solve is a must.
* Ability to troubleshoot Hardware and Software failures; possesses mechanical/electrical aptitude
* Good laboratory technique with some analytical expertise
* Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
* Ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly changing task environment and with a variety of tasks.
* Experience with automated General Chemistry and/or Immunochemistry diagnostic systems preferred,
* Familiarity with Beckman Coulter Clinical Chemistry and/or Immunochemistry Diagnostics platforms a plus (DxC, AU, Access, DxI, IMMAGE)
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.