Great opportunity to work for a Major Integrated Energy Company as a Global Design Project Manager, defining the future of low carbon energy sites.
- This cross-functional, global team sets the vision, strategy and direction for customer experiences across the Customer and Products division - ranging EV charging sites, low-carbon mobility hubs, petrol stations, and convenience-led experiences.
- Defining the standards for site layouts, touchpoints, structures, spaces, and branding across all customer-facing environments.
- This new role within the team, collaborates closely with multiple stakeholder groups across the business to build site design solutions for low-carbon fleet sites in Europe.
- As the Design Project Manager for low-carbon fleet hubs, this role will work closely with real estate and construction teams, developers, offer development and product owners, vendors, and operational teams to understand functional and strategic requirements for each site.
- Partnering with outside agencies to develop site-specific design solutions, then work to translate those ideas into proof of concepts and workable standards for the businesses to execute.
- This is a highly visible, multi-market, multi-cultural role within the team.
We are looking for an individual with a background in architectural or civil design, who can work with internal partners and external partners to develop programmatic site layouts, building plans, and design scopes.
To start, you will focus heavily on the development of industry-leading low-carbon and mixed energy sites designed for fleet drivers.
- A Problem Solver: Finder of unique and purposeful solutions to problems, seen and unseen.
- Resourceful and Curious: understand how to ask the right questions to build a comprehensive understanding of the design problem and draft a complete design brief.
- Creative Management: Author of clear creative briefs for execution by architects or design agencies, ensuring alignment on scope and deliverables. Collects and provides necessary context for design requests, evaluates proposed designs, provides direction on documentation requirements, and manages ongoing review of library of design standards.
- Define Technical Standards: Subject matter specialist who informs the delivery of architectural and interior design solutions. Background in materials, fabrication methods, construction or engineering is helpful.
- Customer-centric: a believer in the power that the on-site customer experience has to influence customer journeys, purchasing behaviour, and brand preference.
- Excellent Communicator: Collaborator, able to organize and manage projects and requests from multiple markets, multiple entities, and multiple time zones. Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior management.
- Creative Innovation development: Manager of new initiatives from concept to value engineering and implementation. Capability to evaluate supplier competency, develop prototypes, and execute pilot projects of new visual standards, as needed.
Bachelor's degree is preferred, with specialization in architectural design or civil engineering, with a focus on site design and planning, or related subject.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.