912097 - Design Manager
Our Client are a major player in the Construction and Civil Engineering industry across the UK. After being awarded significant work across the North of Scotland, they are looking to recruit for the position of Design Manager, based in Aberdeen, Aberdeen-Shire.
- Managing the design process using commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise
- Supporting, understanding and advising the client as to the requirements and obligations in the development of a building design
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice where appropriate
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales
- Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
Skills & Experience
- Good forward planners
- Architectural / Design or technical background is not essential but is advantageous
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of a construction project
- Knowledge of software including AutoCad and BIM (Building Information Modelling)
- Good communication and people skills
- Excellent motivational and leadership skills
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to present ideas effectively
- Able to evaluate ideas of others
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 912097.