Deep Water Lead Engineer
- Posted 16 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameKafui Toviekou
Our client is seeking a Deep Water Lead to oversee the deep water installation scope and manage construction vessels for a project in Mozambique. The Deep Water Lead will work with the Consortium to ensure readiness and preparedness for activities and oversee deep water installation in line with agreed execution plans and the Project HSEQ management system. Regular missions to the site and associated vessels are expected, spanning several weeks at a time. The Deep Water Lead will be present during key activities and work periods, working closely with the Shallow Water Lead to ensure consistency and flawless resolution of interfaces between the two scopes
* Provide project management and leadership of the Deep Water Team during all project phases.
* Ensure that all deep water work activities are performed in compliance with project technical requirements and are fit for purpose.
* Monitor and manage all facets of work within the deep water scope of work to ensure that schedule, cost / budget, technical, quality and HSES requirements are, as a minimum, met or improved upon.
* Implement a readiness review process to ensure a documented, progressive preparation is made by both contractor and company towards the start of site activities. Details review of execution risks shall be thorough, and risk mitigations fully implemented prior to any offshore operations.
* Bring to earliest attention of the EPCI Installation Manager issues which present a significant threat to the Project and in addition offer mitigating measures / work plans.
* Represent the Deep Water Team, and EPCI Installation Team as needed, at both internal and external meetings.
* Provide reporting function towards EPCI Installation Manager for the deep water work activities.
* Minimum of 15 years' experience in management of large scale EPCI contracts including S-lay, Reel-lay, Flex-lay, umbilical and structure installation work scopes in deep water environments and proven team leadership / management experience.
* Able to oversee and judge interfaces and risks with deep water installation vessels and general offshore construction works.
* Ability to get along well with others in an international / multi-cultural environment and take a pragmatic approach to problem solving situations.
* Fluid communicator capable to represent the project in front of third parties and other stakeholders in a professional and organized manner.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.