Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Decommissioning Team Lead, based in Aberdeen.
* Responsible for delivery of assigned Decommissioning Projects, plus joint responsibility for the overall success of all decommissioning activities, working with the wider team to ensure decommissioning campaigns and activities are executed safely, within budget and on schedule.
* Work together with contractors, verifiers, all company's functions and the decommissioning department to promote and ensure a cohesive and collaborative team environment in which to deliver successful projects.
* Line manage decommissioning resources within their team and work with the Decommissioning Manager to support development of personnel within the decommissioning department.
* Ensure compliance with the Decommissioning Programme and any other regulatory interfaces on the project.
* Develop and maintain a positive culture, including promoting the company's Mission Statement and Core Values, maintaining an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and driving continuous improvement.
* Perform a Safety Leadership role on project(s), ensuring a cohesive approach to safety and committing to no harm to people and no adverse impact to the environment.
* Demonstrate an exemplary safety leadership standard and provide clear direction on SHE expectations by communicating effectively. Be a demonstrably visible presence offshore.
* Competency: support the team in compliance with the company's competency strategy.
* Support the communication of lessons learned from incidents, and audit findings.
* Take accountability for successful decommissioning project delivery for assigned project(s) and joint accountability for the success of all International Division Decommissioning projects and activities.
* Ensure projects are lead through the PDP process, author project charter, and work together with the technical leads to ensure full project cost estimating, annual budgeting, effective cost reporting, SOX controls, full project risk management, overall project planning & milestones, leads scenario planning, compile resource profiles, agree project objectives and metrics, maintain robust management of change, ensure an effective evaluate phase(s) is conducted so learnings can be taken forward.
* Responsible for maintaining oversight of the scopes of the workstreams, ensuring they are collectively being delivered to the success criteria and that the technical leads are working together in an effective manner.
* Responsible for working with the technical leads and Information Management (IM) team to: populate the Databook and ensure the quality and completeness of knowledge & project content is maintained during the course of the project in accordance with IM procedures.
* Responsible for regulatory approvals alongside SHE for Decommissioning Programme, derogation, stakeholder engagement, environmental waste accounting and legacy requirements.
* Establish active and consistent risk (threat and opportunity) management throughout all decommissioning phases.
* Takes an overview of relationship management for the project, for example works with SCCO in managing JV relations, works with SHE in managing OPRED relations, works with NSLT in managing NSTA relations, works with technical lead in managing key contractor relations.
* Ensure effective and value-adding reporting is in place, including financial control and reporting.
* Work with SCCO to develop supply chain action plans for decommissioning.
* Work with SCCO to ensure the supply chain is informed about decommissioning work programmes and business opportunities with the companies through timely and effective engagement in order to stimulate competitive interest in working with the company.
* Take accountability for financial budgets for the Decommissioning Projects under their ownership.
* Work closely with the SCCO and finance teams to ensure the project is well managed in line with the contract and commercial agreements.
* Support the Decommissioning Manager with compilation of the annual department budget and have responsibility for own lines therein.
* Share in the team accountability for overall department financial performance.
* Promote a culture of cost efficiency.
* Be open-minded and inquisitive to developments in techniques, commercial models and technologies etc applicable to decommissioning projects.
* Take a leading role in maintaining and building effective external interfaces, including those with regulators, industry bodies, supply chain members and other operators.
* Be open to collaborative opportunities externally and internally.
* Work closely with the team to create an environment where everyone can perform to their best, enhancing the delivery of decommissioning projects and creating value for the company.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Experience of leading large scale decommissioning projects or scopes.
* Experience of managing budgets, teams and working collaboratively with external parties.
* Technical/Engineering degree or a relevant experience in a technical field.
* Commitment to continuous professional development.
* Knowledge of the offshore working environment and/or site-based working.
* Project Management Qualification or working towards accreditation with a recognised body. i.e. APM or PMI.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/068122.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.