- Posted 27 January 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameCameron Lisle
Orion Group are sourcing a Data Engineer on behalf of our client, a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services, on a permanent basis. This role can be based in Sutton, London, or alternatively, in our clients Aberdeen site.
Our client is investing in the continued development of their Common Data Environment (CDE), a cloud based data platform designed to provide a trusted source of business information drawn from multiple business applications. We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help our client taking the next step in extending their data platform's capabilities.
The primary responsibilities will be the creation of data pipelines within the CDE including; data provisioning, modelling, performance tuning, and optimization. The role will support both IT developers and business end-users by ensuring key company datasets are available, accurate and accessible. This will involve engaging with business and system owners of key company data applications to define, agree and implement processes for data management, access control and security.
What you will do:
- Maintain and contribute to the continuous development of our clients data platform
- Build and maintain data pipelines from internal databases and SaaS application
- Create and maintain architecture and systems documentation
- Collaborate with other functions to ensure data needs are addressed
- Collaborate with other IT teams to deliver solutions
- Provide technical support and monitoring within our data platform
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and best practice
What you will need:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven proficiency with using SQL to analyse and query structured data stores
- Experience in designing, developing and deploying data pipelines
- Experience with modern public cloud data offerings
- Experience with version control toolkits
- Experience in performing RCA of production incidents and debugging code defects
- Strong interpersonal skills
It would be advantageous if you have any of the following:
- Experience with Big Data toolkits and NoSQL technologies
- Experience with modern Business Intelligence toolkits
- Experience with designing and documenting data models
- Experience with optimization of data processing workloads
- Experience with message queuing and stream processing
- Knowledge of Modern Data Warehouse/Lakehouse architectural principles
- Knowledge of DevOps workflows and principles
- Knowledge of Machine Learning/MLOps workflows and principles
To succeed in this role, you should know how to analysis a data requirement, examine the data structure of the source datastore and implement the extraction pipelines and storage required for the extracted dataset. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in data analysis, extraction, processing and management as well as excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity please call Cameron Lisle on 07701381227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.