- Posted 13 June 2022
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameSusan Ferguson
Data & Systems Engineer
Location - Glasgow
Salary - competitive plus a wide range of benefits and a flexible working environment
Our client has an exciting permanent staff opportunity for a Data & Systems Engineer to join their Production Equipment team, who are responsible for all aspects of equipment mobilisation and readiness at Sites and offshore on vessels.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Improve their equipment mobilisation and RFO process by developing and implementing a Bill of Materials (BOM) system, or similar, which will support the identification of project specific equipment, spares and consumables with greater efficiency
- Develop tools and processes to allow the gathering of equipment data such as maintenance costs, onsite utilisation, reactive maintenance and other related metrics, which will help improve the accuracy of equipment maintenance budgets and also forecasting equipment utilisation
- Preparation of operational procedures across the departments, liaising with key stakeholders to understand department requirements and to shape our procedures to suit
- Maintenance of operational procedures and records (equipment management system) and produce reports on site activities for management, where required
- Contribute to the Equipment Department tendering process to review forecast productivity, equipment and manning levels during bid.
- Support project planning to ensure key project deliverables are met
- Produce and issue minutes of meetings, action trackers and project lesson learned as required
- Liaise with client and sub-contractor personnel as required;
- Follow up & analyse the progress of the equipment department key deliverables and lead the trouble shooting of any safety, quality or technical issue related department systems or processes
Qualifications and Skills required:
- Ideally you will have an IT related degree in an area such as Data Analytics, Information Management with a strong engineering background, but we will also consider those with an Engineering related degree with demonstrable IT skills in relevant areas.
- You will have previous experience of working in a similar position, ideally within an engineering industry but other industries will be considered
- Experience of developing ERP software would be highly beneficial but not essential
- You will be computer literate, comfortable not only with systems such as Microsoft Office but also more advanced enterprise resource planning software such as SAP, Microsoft Dynamics or others.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.