- Posted 13 April 2022
- SalaryUS$85 - US$90 per hour
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameRachael Jalbuena
Data Analytics Engineer
Fully Remote Position open to US candidates (Team is located in Brea, CA)
6+ month initial contract
Hourly Rate: $85-90/hr
Shift Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM Pacific Time, M-F
Orion Life Sciences US is seeking to hire an experienced Data Analytics Engineer to support our premiere Medical Device client based in Brea, CA on a Remote basis.
Our client is creating a data analytics and science team to generate novel insights and real world evidence (RWE) from real world data (RWD) that contain lab results generated by instruments linked to patient medical records. In this role, you will be responsible for driving technical execution and helping create a best-in-class data & analytics organization. You will work with various stakeholders both inside and outside the organization to execute on research initiatives.
* Collaborate with stakeholders to understand data requirements for ML, Data Science and Analytics projects.
* Assemble large, complex data sets from disparate sources, writing code, scripts, and queries, as appropriate to efficiently extract, QC, clean, harmonize and visualize Big Data sets.
* Develop software tools for data engineering tasks following industry standard practices such as agile, test-driven development, and CI/CD and deliver them to internal customers.
* Write pipelines for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Python, SQL, Spark, AWS, and Azure 'big data' technologies.
* Identify, design, and implement continuous process improvements such as automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery.
* Document data processes, write data management recommended procedures, and create training materials relating to data management best practices.
* Expertise in Python with strong knowledge of Python best practices, particularly as they apply to the area of data & analytics, and experience using standard data science toolkits
* Previous experience performing data engineering tasks on RWD/RWE projects involving Electronic Medical Records (EMR) data
* Experience with defining clinical protocols to collect RWD
* Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
* Familiarity with healthcare data standards, data ontologies, toolchains, and operating procedures
* An associate who is independent, self-motivated, and eager to excel in a goal-oriented and multi-faceted work environment.
* Someone who embraces uncertainty and thrives by driving to clarity in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate project goals, timelines, and key milestones, and accomplishments to stakeholders.
* Experience with digital health, AI/ML algorithms, Clinical Decision Support (CDS) products
* Experience with developing software solutions on public cloud infrastructures, particularly Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
* Knowledge of security and privacy requirements and certifications, including HIPAA, GDPR, ISO9001, ISO27001
* Experience with a variety of standard Python data visualization methods
* Knowledge of cluster computing and large-scale data analytics platforms such as Apache Spark
* Knowledge of shared data science development and analytics environments such as JupyterLab
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.